Gaming PC broke, so got this instead !

^^wise decision I must say..

A dedicated gaming device... Get a kb and a compatible mouse.. Hope u've got a hd capable lcd to exploit d potential of d console..
Some ppl hate tat colour of d console, dunno why.. Reviews say this's one of d best one..
Congo m8.. Enjoy.. :)

BF1983 said:
I don't have to upgrade a thing to keep pace with the latest games even 3 years down the line ! :D

Congratulations on the purchase but I don't quite agree with this comment of yours :) 3 years down the line, the latest PC games will look MUCH better than the latest xbox360 games since the console will be limited by hardware. It happened with the PS2 as well. At release the gfx were comparable to PC games of that time but just before the PS3 came out, PC games definitely looked much better than PS2 game releases.

The point is that while on first look, the consoles seem like they don't need upgrades, they most certainly do when the current generation of games are phased out and until the hardware is upgraded, the graphics will be limited. Imagine a Crysis 360 port. Lets say that it performs and looks exactly like it does on a relatively high end PC. Something with a Core 2 Duo and 8800GT. One year down the line, the PC users will probably be able to upgrade to something that gives much better performance without losing out on eye candy. The console users won't be able to. The only difference imo is that PC users have the option of upgrading hardware as the game industry progresses. Console users will have to wait for the companies to upgrade for them and release as a new product ala xbox to xbox 360.

This isn't a PC vs Console war. I'm just saying that as game graphics improve, the need for better hardware will inevitably follow, no matter what the platform is. I'm also not saying that you are denying this either. Just pointing stuff out as some people believe that consoles can keep up with PCs without having to ever be upgraded. In the end, what you pay for is what you get :)

Grats on your purchase again. I'm planning to buy one myself (the core model as thats more than enough for me) as soon as Street Fighter IV hits the stores.

Hi, while what you are saying is bang on right, there won't be a massive difference between PC games and Xbox 360 games even after 3 years.

And I won't suffer from the dreaded upgraditis disease ! :eek:hyeah:

Plus consoles usually give far less problems that PCs do (Though Microsoft is trying their best to correct that fact !) :mad:

And by the end of the 3rd year, I most likely would have given up playing games ! (Highly unlikely though !) ;)

@Gannu_rox - I have a 15" monitor to use with the Xbox 360 !!!! :rofl:

Thats one of the reasons I went for an Xbox 360. I was thinking of the PS3 since it had less problems and Blue ray ! But I had no money for an LCD monitor and the Xbox 360 supported a computer monitor with a simple cable ! Now in around 2 months ill buy a nice 24" dell LCD. 17k is a sweet price. :hap2:

Well, with what I've seen in Crysis, I think in 3 years time PC game graphics are going to be light years ahead of what we are seeing in today's games. If that does happen, there will be a massive difference indeed. What makes you say that there wont be? Game graphics are have constantly been improving with each year that passes. Do you feel that they've reached a saturation point? :)

Also, have you tried Xbox Live out yet? That will be the biggest selling point for me as I cannot live without multiplayer these days. I was a hardcore console fan owning everything from the NES, Genesis and so on until the Dreamcast. It was around that time that I discovered multiplayer PC gaming and from then onwards, single player on a console just didn't cut it. If Xbox Live works as advertised and people are able to play fighting games online without too much lag, I'll buy one without giving it a second thought.

Well I hate anything that resembles Tekken even remotely :) Right now I satiate my hunger for 2d fighters by playing Street Fighter III : 3rd Strike over the net with my friend on MAME. It's great. However I wont be able to do that when SF IV is released.

The reason I believe PC games wont go very far ahead is because around 2005 (around 4 years after the launch of the Xbox), games like Doom 3 and Halo 2 looked better on the PC anyday,but not by a huge difference.

And with an Xbox 360 I can play each and every single game out there at 1920 x 1080 resolution. Something that I wouldn't be able to do with my PC. (Unless I keep upgrading every few months !)

And I don't like multiplayer games. (Mostly because I get owned most of the time !) But I will try Xbox live sometime (When I get XPFS Sniper 3.0 ! Lets see how people can play FPS with their controllers and I play with my keyboard and mouse ! he he)

PC vs Consoles: It is a personal opinion in the end. No one can say what is better. As long as you are happy and enjoying ... everything is worth it.

Thanks

PS: Why dont we have games like dead or alive for the PC. Last good 3D Fighting game for the PC that i know of was Mortal Kombat 4, which I loved. I wish we had more for the PC.

Congrats BF.

I recently purchased Xbox 360 Pro. Good points raised.

PC games are already noticeably better than current Xbox 360 games...not by much but its not too difficult to pick the better looking gaming platform now. 3 years dwn the line PC will be far ahead....Hopefully xbox360 games will have matured and will extract max juice out of the machine to keep within shouting distance...

But yeah, PC gaming has more hassles which is a price for cutting edge technology.

How abt this: Still, With PC platform you can but 10 month old cards and stay 6-8 months behind technology all the time... still works well without spending too much...doesnt it...

But, large TV display, HD res and couch comfort....ah well xbox 360 is just as sweet.

You said it Vij, I saw Crysis and I went like Wow ! Its definitely better than any game on the Xbox 360. But the point is I am really happy with the Xbox 360 and the games really look great and have butter smooth frame rates.

And I am really not missing doing all those tweaks in the graphics section to get the best visual - performance tradeoff. Here it is max graphics all the way !

Though it hung up for the first time yesterday. Well its a Microsoft product so no surprises there ! (Thankfully it wasn't a RROD !)

Plus I tried out that 1 month Live subscription and I am playing online as well. Getting slammed out there of course since I don't know the maps and I can't play that well with the controller but I am having great fun all the same. I love it when on the rare occasion I frag a top guys and he starts cursing at me !

Plus these Microsoft servers are freaking awesome. There is no lag at all if I play a ranked match on their servers.

So all in all a satisfied customer (till the time I get an RROD !)

Back