Budget 71-90K Gaming PC for ~75k

n3nimbus

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
    • ~75k +/- 10k if necessary
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Sold off except for the components below
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Hdd - 1 tb seagate
    • Speakers/Headphones/Mouse/Keyboard
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Monitor - Asus PA238Q ~17,500 (so please consider this in your build suggestion) If you have better suggestions on another IPS monitor, let me know! :D
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes - for the next 4 years
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai - Lamington Road
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming - 1920*1080 very high settings - 60 fps or above
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • I am ok with everything ss long as the company has no issues like MSI who are leaving India
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FPS - BF4 and a lot of upcoming titles, Sports, RPGs
    • I really play all the games :D
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920*1080
    2. Desktop - 1920*1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • NO
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
      Additional info:
      1. Since I stay in Mumbai its very hot and humid, so should I go for a liquid cooled system or air cooling? Please suggest what is the best I can go for

2. -------Thank you in advance------ :)

Last edited:
i5 4570 - 13.8k
asus h87 pro - 10k
hyper 101 evo - 1.1k
kingston hyperx blu 2X 4gb - 5k
sapphire r9 290 tri -x - 36.8k http://mdcomputers.in/sapphire-graphics-card-tri-x-r9-290-4gb-gddr5-oc-uefi.html
asus odd - 1k
seasonic s12 ii 620 - 5.5k
antec gx700 -4k
dell s2240l -8.6k
logitech g105 - 2.8k
logitech g400s -2k
if the current k/b and mouse is a local one, get the suggested one.

Already have a steelseries as well as a razer setup.
Will rather go for a r9 280x as the benchmarks at anandtech show only a difference of 2-4 fps between the 280x and 290 and the price difference isn't justified, don't you think?
Also, I have seen many people suggesting this mobo and I understand that its great but isn't there a cheaper one that can equally do the job for around 8k or do I need to shell out 10k?

Already have a steelseries as well as a razer setup.
Will rather go for a r9 280x as the benchmarks at anandtech show only a difference of 2-4 fps between the 280x and 290 and the price difference isn't justified, don't you think?
Also, I have seen many people suggesting this mobo and I understand that its great but isn't there a cheaper one that can equally do the job for around 8k or do I need to shell out 10k?

290 will be better as 280x will struggle to run upcoming games with full details at 1080p or higher. also that sapphire tri-x is one of the best custom cooled version of 290. also it is not just 2-4 fps advantage. check new reviews.that mobo is very good and has better features and components. since you have the budget, i suggest to get that mobo.
you can skip suggested k/b and mouse

290 will be better as 280x will struggle to run upcoming games with full details at 1080p or higher. also that sapphire tri-x is one of the best custom cooled version of 290. also it is not just 2-4 fps advantage. check new reviews.that mobo is very good and has better features and components. since you have the budget, i suggest to get that mobo.
you can skip suggested k/b and mouse
Well I am purchasing a monitor worth 17.5k as mentioned in the og post, I guess you missed that :p so the 290 does go a bit over my budget as its 36k while the 280X is 27.5k. Any other suggestions?

i did not miss that. but to include a better gpu , i included dell s2240 which is a very good ips led monitor.
from where are you getting the prices ? http://mdcomputers.in/his-graphics-card-radeon-r9-280x-3gb-ddr5.html .
290 is worth for future.
I am getting the prices mainly from http://www.primeabgb.com/ and some from here and there.The 27.5k is for the Sapphire Toxic 280x on primeabgb. The monitor is not something I want to compromise on since it will be a one time purchase for atleast 6 years I guess. The CPU i can upgrade again after 3.5-4 years. I am hoping in 1.5 months when I go to actually buy the PC, the prices come down a bit

I am getting the prices mainly from http://www.primeabgb.com/ and some from here and there.The 27.5k is for the Sapphire Toxic 280x on primeabgb. The monitor is not something I want to compromise on since it will be a one time purchase for atleast 6 years I guess. The CPU i can upgrade again after 3.5-4 years. I am hoping in 1.5 months when I go to actually buy the PC, the prices come down a bit

get from wherever cheaper. i dont know how good is the asus monitor from dell s2240l.its price is almost double.
280x is not really bad.but dont pay 26 or 28k. try to find it under 24k.

get from wherever cheaper. i dont know how good is the asus monitor from dell s2240l.its price is almost double.
280x is not really bad.but dont pay 26 or 28k. try to find it under 24k.
Ofcourse, I just take the online prices as a benchmark that it cannot be more than 'x' price so I can go into shop having a fair bit of idea of the prices. You will obviously get it cheaper if you go to any physical store. Are you from Mumbai by any chance?
BTW most of the reviews of the 290 indicate excessive heating and noise issues. Will need to invest in a gpu cooler then as well :(

Ofcourse, I just take the online prices as a benchmark that it cannot be more than 'x' price so I can go into shop having a fair bit of idea of the prices. You will obviously get it cheaper if you go to any physical store. Are you from Mumbai by any chance?
BTW most of the reviews of the 290 indicate excessive heating and noise issues. Will need to invest in a gpu cooler then as well :(

nope, i am from Kerala. ;)
read some reviews of sapphire tri-x r9 290. the best one. no need of a gpu cooler as it is much cooler than stock,. :)

nope, i am from Kerala. ;)
read some reviews of sapphire tri-x r9 290. the best one. no need of a gpu cooler as it is much cooler than stock,. :)
Witth a 100$ premium over the stock 290s price :D anyways hoping for a price reduction in 1.5 months then can accurately pitch a budget whether to go for a 290 or 280x.
Thanks for all the help :)

Witth a 100$ premium over the stock 290s price :D anyways hoping for a price reduction in 1.5 months then can accurately pitch a budget whether to go for a 290 or 280x.
Thanks for all the help :)
i have given the link for the same in my earlier post. it is at 36.8k

Back