Budget 71-90K Gaming PC under 80000 (1st time builder)

reckless

Recruit
Hi,
I'm going to build my 1st desktop and would like to get your help for the same. As im totally new to this i'm not going to overclock.

Questions
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i5 (don't want to overclock)
    • Motherboard
    • GPU - GTX 970 preferred
    • PSU - Seasonic S12II 620W or M12II 620W ??? (or another that is good for price)
    • RAM - 2x4 GB RAM
    • HDD - 1 TB
    • Cabinet - Any case which is good for 1st time builder (easy to install components in, spacious)
    • Monitor - 1920 x 1080, 21-23 inches
    • UPS (not sure if required power cut frequency 2-3 times/month)
    • Keyboard and Mouse
Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Final, may add RAM if games demand more
  1. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Delhi - Nehru Place (pls suggest good shops)
  2. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  3. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Internet Surfing
  4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Intel CPU & GTX 970 (Asus Strix or Zotac AMP if budget permits)
    • MoBo Form - ATX if budget allows otherwise mATX (heard mATX overheats don't know if true)
  5. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Shadows of Mordor, Assassins Creed Unity, Dragon Age, Witcher 3, Far Cry 4, Gta 5, Arkham Knight
  6. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920x1080
    2. Normal - 1920x1080
  7. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  8. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7/8.1 64 bit

Hi rackless,

I would like to add a word to help in build of PC. Here are some options for you.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor.
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard.
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory.
Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State drive.
Secondary: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive.
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card.
Case: Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case.

I believe these components are best for gaming based on your budget. In build, MOBO is the support of SLI technology that means in the future you can add-on a second GPU card for performance, instead of buying a new MOBO or replacing a totally new GPU. The MSI GTX 970 4GB is better in terms of performance, mostly used for gaming and stability in pixels and with that you can enjoy better graphics. For Monitor, you can go with any LED or LCD screen from any Local brand; based on your budget.

Hope it helps.

sorry for late reply
i am confused between GTX 970 ASUS or MSI version...from what ive read MSI is a tad better performance wise than ASUS (i won't be OCing).....but their RMA in India is slow....dont know about ASUS RMA

so from performance & RMA perspective which one shall i go for (read many stories of GPU's stuck with service centers for months)

thnks

@reckless , why don't you consider zotac if you register your card you get 5years warranty where as others provide 3years, my experience with zotac RMA was good here in Bangalore.

@reckless , why don't you consider zotac if you register your card you get 5years warranty where as others provide 3years, my experience with zotac RMA was good here in Bangalore.
i dont want to go for reference one and zotac amp omega is for 32 k which is beyond by budget, so between MSI & ASUS which one considering performance and RMA?

Back