Budget 21-30k Gaming PC Upgrade help

bhaskarvyas001

Disciple
Hi Friends,
Its been over 5 years since I assembled my Gaming PC... And after the recent breakdown of my power supply and the graphics card, I feel its time to upgrade other components of my computer as well for the best gaming experience. Hence, I would like your suggestions on what parts to retain and what to upgrade. Below are the details,

Questions
  1. What is your budget?
    • ~30K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 "Wolfdale"
    • Motherboard - Abit IP 35-E
    • GPU - None
    • RAM - Corsair 2GB 800MHz
    • Monitor - Dell SE198WFPI
    • SMPS - None
    • HDD - Segate 240GB 7200RPM
    • Cabinet - CoolerMaster Elite 334
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Dell SE198WFPI (I wish to use my TV (LG 32LM6200) for Gaming). But I would replace it if its not adequate
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Any best in the budget
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • GPU - Any best in the budget
    • SMPS - Any compatible with the configuration
    • RAM - Any that would be best
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Will not upgrade for couple of years till the configuration is not good enough for future games
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Pune / Mumai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes but will like to buy new GPU
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming mostly
    • Browsing
    • HTPC
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Would give second preference to Nvidia GPU as in past all my Nvidia GPU went kaput in very quick successions
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Strategy - Witcher and Dragon Age series
    • FPS - Crysis 3, Farcry 3
    • TPS - GTA 5, Tombraider 2013, Assasin creed 3
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x728 when on Dell Monitor and 1920x1080 when on my LG (32LM6200) TV
    2. Desktop - 1280x728
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
Advance thanks for the advice...
~Deepak

intel core i5 3550 @ 3.3 GHz turbo mode- 3.7 GHz -9k
msi h 61 chipset motherboard -2.6 k
corsair value ram 4 gb ( ddr3) -1.2 k
ati radeon 6870 -12k
corsair tx 650 ( smps) -5.2
total 30k.
thank u !!

intel core i5 3550 @ 3.3 GHz turbo mode- 3.7 GHz -9k
msi h 61 chipset motherboard -2.6 k
corsair value ram 4 gb ( ddr3) -1.2 k
ati radeon 6870 -12k
corsair tx 650 ( smps) -5.2
total 30k.
thank u !!

Will Radeon 6870 be good enough for my TV display??
Any suggestion on the company whoes GPU should be taken. I had XFX and Palit GPUs in past in both of them dies in just two years :-(

HD6870 for 12k? Who's going to buy that? :|
@OP my suggestions would be i5 2400, any affordable board, 8GB RAM, HD7850, Seasonic S12II 620W.[DOUBLEPOST=1364845051][/DOUBLEPOST]Get a Sapphire/HIS card.

Hi Friends,
Its been over 5 years since I assembled my Gaming PC... And after the recent breakdown of my power supply and the graphics card, I feel its time to upgrade other components of my computer as well for the best gaming experience. Hence, I would like your suggestions on what parts to retain and what to upgrade. Below are the details,

Questions
  1. What is your budget?
    • ~30K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 "Wolfdale"
    • Motherboard - Abit IP 35-E
    • GPU - None
    • RAM - Corsair 2GB 800MHz
    • Monitor - Dell SE198WFPI
    • SMPS - None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Dell SE198WFPI (I wish to use my TV (LG 32LM6200) for Gaming). But I would replace it if its not adequate
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Any best in the budget
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • GPU - Any best in the budget
    • SMPS - Any compatible with the configuration
    • RAM - Any that would be best
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Will not upgrade for couple of years till the configuration is not good enough for future games
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Pune / Mumai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes but will like to buy new GPU
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming mostly
    • Browsing
    • HTPC
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Would give second preference to Nvidia GPU as in past all my Nvidia GPU went kaput in very quick successions
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Strategy - Witcher and Dragon Age series
    • FPS - Crysis 3, Farcry 3
    • TPS - GTA 5, Tombraider 2013, Assasin creed 3
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x728 when on Dell Monitor and 1920x1080 when on my LG (32LM6200) TV
    2. Desktop - 1280x728
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
Advance thanks for the advice...
~Deepak

Intel Core i5 3550 -8500
Gigabyte GA-B75-D3H -4000
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz -3800
Sapphire HD7770 1GB -8250
Corsair GS500 -3900
TOTAL -28,250.

Can anyone help me in buying a graphics card i m using Asus Nvidia geforce GT 630 4gb ddr 3 but I m not happy with nvidia so thinking to switch back to ATI i have seen 2 cards one radeon 7770 and the other is 7850.... Let me know which one should I buy
The games that I play : Fifa 12, 13 and next would be 14 all online and sometimes counter strike...
So let me know which card should I buy and also please mention what smps is required for that card....
Thank You

Can anyone help me in buying a graphics card i m using Asus Nvidia geforce GT 630 4gb ddr 3 but I m not happy with nvidia so thinking to switch back to ATI i have seen 2 cards one radeon 7770 and the other is 7850.... Let me know which one should I buy
The games that I play : Fifa 12, 13 and next would be 14 all online and sometimes counter strike...
So let me know which card should I buy and also please mention what smps is required for that card....
Thank You
For your kind of games 7770 is more than enough.

Guys, needed a suggestion regarding the PSU,
How is seasonic s12 520...
Is it better if I buy seasonic s12 520 instead of Corsair GS500.. Price wise its almost same...

Back