Budget 90k+ Gaming PC

VinZ

Recruit
Questions
  1. What is your budget?
    • 150k Max
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • None
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Final
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Open to online purchase
    • Banglore
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Nothing like that
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Each and every game
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1080p
    2. Desktop - 1080p
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes
  12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 11
I did get a quote from local guy. Here it is

Specifications
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7900X -

Mobo - Msi B650MP -

Ram 32GB DDR5 6000MHz T.Force Delta R ARGB (White) - single stick -

SSD 1TB Gen4 NVMe SSD (Kingston NV2)

XPG Adataa 1Tb Gen 4 Nvme

CASE Cm Td500 mesh

GPU 4070 or 4060ti

CPU COOLER Deepcool LT720

PSU EVGA SuperNova 850 GT 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold SMPS

Gigabyte 850watt Aorus PowerSupply - 8500

Last edited:
I don't see any usage requirement where you'd need a 7900x processor. For gaming, a 7600x is more than enough.

Would not recommend 4060Ti at all, especially when you have a decent budget. Get a 6750XT instead. It's available for 35k on Mdcomputers.in or a 7800XT for 60k. You can also go for a 4070. It will give slightly lower FPS than 7800XT, but will have higher resale value if you want to upgrade later. Might also do better in RT, but at this point, I'm not holding my breath. RT is largely useless in lower than xx80 cards.

Visit Ankit Infotech & Supercomputer in SP Road, they had the best prices IMO. Ankit's website is PCStudio.

You don't need 7900X as there is no productivity requirement & can get a good rig for 1440p gaming. For gaming GPU matters more, unless there is a big CPU bottleneck, like pairing i3 12100 with 4070/7800XT. I highly recommend that you do some research on your own as well, watch videos by Hardware Unboxed & Gamers Nexus on say review of CPUs, coolers, mobo VRM test, etc.

IMO get R5 7600 + 4070 rig for 1440p gaming, costs about 135k:

If you want the best gaming CPU available, get 7800X3D, but this will not get you noticeable gains vs R5 7600. With 4080/7900XTX class GPU, it would have. I don't recommend 7800XT because of after sales of AsRock (also build) & Sapphire. If going for 7800XT, get Sapphire or Asus/MSI/Gigabyte (ideally, like TUF at 60k).

After 3 years if you want better gaming performance, just swap the CPU to a newer Ryzen CPU, keeping the same mobo, and RAM & change the GPU. AM5 will get 2 more generations of CPU IMO.

It is not my place to tell you what to spend your money on, but I sincerely suggest lowering your budget as you are bound to make purchasing mistakes with your first PC. I did too, and judging by your post you certainly will. This is in no way meant to discourage you from experiencing the hobby at it's finest, on the contrary it helps build up appreciation. Apart from "gaming" each and every intended use for your PC can be done by a 40k laptop with no hitches. As for gaming itself, you can't play every game under the sun (some are locked to consoles after all ;P) though you must have some titles in mind?

Here's a few helpful tips: Each game is a little different, some games are more GPU-bound while some are CPU-Bound, though 99.5% will almost always be GPU-bound on their recommended specs. So ALWAYS prioritize a gpu upgrade over a cpu upgrade. An extra 10k in cpu might add you 5 fps while the same bump a GPU will net you 25. You have no need of buying a 7900X, stick with the R5 7600 (non-X). The X variants are only heat and power hogs. You can overclock all non-X Ryzen CPUs with PBO in 1 click to get 92-97% the performance of their counterparts when needed and have it consume 50-75 less watts of power usage while doing light work.

RAM - Get dual sticks, unless your planning on running 128 gigs in the future (again makes no sense to me). Even if dual sticks cost Rs.50-150 more than the single stick the added stability is worth it. The why and how is hidden the nuances of rank and channels would be pretty unnecessary (and I'm not fully brushed up on it either). Just stick with 2 sticks.

SSD - I personally strongly recommend WD SSDs from experience. Their WD blue line is pretty much the best bang for buck you can get. WD usually has a better endurance rating than almost any other SSD. Samsung and WD are the only SSDs that have never let me down.

CPU Cooler would be a waste of money as well - non-X CPUs come with a stock cooler that can easily handle a non-X 7600.

PSU - Get literally anything that says 80+ gold, but make sure it's modular if you're into cable management.

Monitors (resolution) - Highly recommend getting a 1440p monitor as your main for a PC of that caliber. Unless you're playing competitive shooters only,

I recommend pairing an r5 7600 with a 4070/7800XT or even a 4070 Ti if you can. Keep in mind NVidia GPUs are significantly better in ray tracing heavy workloads like cyberpunk, alan wake 2 and control and have a plethora of tools creative professionals can't live without. Pure rasterization in gaming however, AMD is the better VFM.

Back