Gaming Rig @ 45k-50k. Need second opinion.

yashchitale

Disciple
Building a rig for my friend. Please give me an opinion about it.

1.Q: What is your budget?

a.45-50K

2.Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

Keyboard and mouse

3.Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Keyboard and mouse

4.Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

a.CPU - i5 2500

b.Motherboard - Intel DH67BL

c.GPU -Sapphire HD 6850

d.Ram 4GB(2*2GB) dual channel xms3 or ripjaws

e.Cooler - CM Hyper 212 Plus

f.Cabinet - CM Elite 430

g.PSU - FSP Saga II 500w

h.Monitor - Benq E2220HD

i. Seagate 7200.12 1TB

5.Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

more ram maybe later if ever needed

6.Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

a.Pune

b.Mumbai

b.Open to online purchase

7.Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

a. No

8.Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

a.Gaming

b.Browsing

c.HTPC

d. Mild downloading

9.Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Not MSI or Gigabyte

10.Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Wow

Dota

CS

NFS Hot Pursuit

Fifa 11

COD Black Ops

Crysis 2

11.Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1.Gaming - 1920x1080

2.HD movies 720p

12.Q: Are you looking to overclock?

a.No

13.Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

a.Windows 7 64 bit

I would suggest a better PSU like the Corsair CX400 ~ 2.5k.
Alternate mobo will all solid caps MSI H67MA-E35 ~ 5.2k (Only two RAM slots. So go for a single 4GB XMS3 1600MHz stick)
Stock cooler is more than enough i5 2500. Its quite cool and since you are not going to OC(infact you cant OC it :p) its not wise to invest 1.85k in a after market cooler for this proccy. You are better off in investing it a gaming Mouse like MX518 or Razer DA (If you dont have a decent mouse already)

Processor Intel Core i5 2500 10250

Motherboard Gigabyte H67MA-UD2H 7500

RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz CL9 2x2GB 2700

GPU MSI HD6850 Cyclone PE 10200

HDD Seagate 7200.12 1TB 2700

Cabinet NZXT Gamma 2100

Monitor BenQ G2220HD 7400

PSU Corsair VX450 3500

Keyboard Logitech MMkB 400

Mouse Logitech MX518 1200

Speakers Altec Lansing VS2621 1500

DVD Writer Samsung / LG / Sony 950

Total 50400

Another Option

Processor Intel Core i5 2500 10250

Motherboard MSI H67MA-E35 (B3 Revision) 5200

RAM Corsair DDR3 Value 1x4GB 2100

GPU MSI HD6850 Cyclone PE 10200

HDD Seagate 7200.12 1TB 2700

Cabinet NZXT Gamma 2100

Monitor BenQ G2220HD 7400

PSU Corsair VX450 3500

Keyboard Razer Arctosa 2000

Mouse Razer Deathadder 2050

Speakers Altec Lansing VS2621 1500

DVD Writer Samsung / LG / Sony 950

Total 49950

Will go for option 2 suggested by Hades.. with a few changes.. he has a good mouse and keyboard.. He dint like the shape of nzxt gamma so will go for CM elite 430 and i guess the stock cooler should do although i dont like how tiny it looks.. :\ Also, i dont see MSI HD6850 Cyclone PE on SMC website.. will PM and check..

I have one question though.. I dont see how the corsair PSU's are better than the FSP Saga II.. I feel VX450 will be a little short to power that rig.. Or will it be enough? because i used the power supply calculators and it said i will need 400-450 watts of power.. Since vx450 cannot support that i looked at VX550 but the noise produced seems a bit noisy.. Please could you'll clear this last doubt of mine..?

yashchitale said:
Will go for option 2 suggested by Hades.. with a few changes.. he has a good mouse and keyboard.. He dint like the shape of nzxt gamma so will go for CM elite 430 and i guess the stock cooler should do although i dont like how tiny it looks.. :\ Also, i dont see MSI HD6850 Cyclone PE on SMC website.. will PM and check..

I have one question though.. I dont see how the corsair PSU's are better than the FSP Saga II.. I feel VX450 will be a little short to power that rig.. Or will it be enough? because i used the power supply calculators and it said i will need 400-450 watts of power.. Since vx450 cannot support that i looked at VX550 but the noise produced seems a bit noisy.. Please could you'll clear this last doubt of mine..?
Errr... VX450 can easily handle the config suggested by Hades. It has all the connectors needed (and more) and also has 33A in +12V rails which is more than enough to power that rig!
Just dont go by what manufacturer states. VX450 is a quality power supply and many in TE have it powering similar configs!

@Yash: VX450 is really the king of the hill as far as budget PSUs are concerned. Secondly please please stay away from the CM Elite 430 used it and dumped it in no time. Worst case (branded) I've ever come across. IIRC there was some antec case in the same price range, try n see if you could find it.

@yash

i have NZXT Gamma and i have to say that its really spacious... has good airflow and has pretty good space behind the motherboard tray for cable routing... And build quality is just great... Its really well build... When you will pick up this cabby you would definately feel that how well built this case is apart from being cheap... Yeah some may find it an ugly looking case... But you wouldn't really find a better case then this for 2.1k...

Well what do i feel about the looks of this case? well i hardly look at my case... its under the table... i just look at it when i start the pc thats all... Its just doing the job pretty decently for me...

Back