Gaming RIG @55k

shakirmj

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration

HDD 250 GB (luckily)​

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping

HDD 250 GB​

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - Intel i5 2500k ( quote from itdepot 12k)​

Motherboard - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3)(11400)

GPU - MSI N560 GTX TI(Rs 13800 )

or

MSI R6950 twin frozr IIIpower ed /OC (Rs 16500)

RAM - Gskill or corsair 4GBx2 1600 MHZ

SMPS - 550W (suggest a good PSU budget 4k)

Cabinet suggest a good cabinet for 2-4k (other than NZXT gamma)

not planning to buy a monitor now (i will plug my TV in)​

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months

HDD 2TB​

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

bangalore​

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No​

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming

Browsing

Watching HD movies​

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

BF3 MW3 assassins creed and the list continues​

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Gaming - 1920*1080​

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

Yes ( with the Genuine OC on board with MSI its takes just a press of a button)​

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit​

I searched and researched for a good motherboard this month

and i ended up deciding to buy MSI Z68 G3 motherboard

The decision is based on two findings​
  • Z68 chipset : i hear ppl say that p67 is still the best. but i wonder if a
motherboard which is not cabale of using all features of your processor

is it really that good. coz with a p67 u can overclock but the in build grahics

that come with all i5 processors are kept idle. u pay for it but u cant use it .. coz ur motherboard doesnt allow u to use it. with z68 we can select which graphics memory u want to use. the SSD caching is just an addon.. i might use it after 6 months.​

• MSI G3 revision: PCI 3.0 already.IB ready (future Proof) , 3 TB+ bois support + the rate is good + Instant OC + Winki 3 ( a linux OS in ur motherboard !!! ) :)
Any one can give me valid reasons to think again about P67 then i would consider it.

I really need help in deciding between 560 ti and 6950 2GB .. if paying an extra 4k for 6950 is worth it i would definitely but it.

Looking forward for some nice suggestions

Thanx in advance

^^ Get an AMD HD 6*** series graphics card if you are not doing anything in relation to productivity applications, like Autodesk / Adobe. But if you would like to over-clock get the nVidia MSi GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II ~ 15500/- [from Asshirwaad Computers / Golccha Computers @S.P Road].

Get a Z68 chipset, but please get ASUS OR Gigabyte over MSi [build is not consistent and I've RMA-ed a graphics card from them, A.S.S. is a good experience something not tallied with ASUS].

No point getting a PCi-E 3.0 version board when graphics card are fine using PCi-E 1.1 / 2.0 standard. Wasteful expenditure, no need to stick your neck out for this.

All Intel chipset H67 / P67 and Z68 are Ivy-Bridge compatible, so again no real carrot dangling out there.

Oh one more thing, ASUS UEFI is much better than Gigabyte / MSi hybrid EFI's -- ASUS UEFI BIOS Review - Introduction - What is an UEFI? / UEFI Explained - the Future of the BIOS | bit-tech.net.

Also on your SMPS query, get the Corsair TX V2 650W ~ 5500/- [Jainex Computers @S.P. Road], any other SMPS will not be safe. Although I've heard Corsair VX 450W pulling a RIG with a HD 5850 on it, I will not recommend this type of set-up for you.

Okay, you do not want the NZXT Gamma, consider the NZXT Source 210 eLite ~ 2800/- NZXT Source 210 Elite Review - Page 1/6 | techPowerUp OR Cooler Master 690 II Advanced ~ 3800/- Cooler Master Readies CM 690 II Advanced Case | techPowerUp [old warhorse], again if you can slightly up your budget, try to bag the Corsair Carbide 400R ~ 5500/- Corsair Carbide 400R Review - Page 1/6 | techPowerUp.

Hope this helps.

While i m writing this reply i would have refreshed asus website 10 times and it gives dis

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.a52cf8da.1320418193.6e8b48d

what should i do wit dis reference..

i wonder if dere bios also gives such errors

both techpower up MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) PCI-Express 3.0 LGA1155 Review - Page 13/13 | techPowerUp and

overclockersclub MSI Z68A-GD80 Revision G3 Review - Overclockers Club talk about MSI bios improvement in G3

and MSI website quotes it to be UEFI bios

"No point getting a PCi-E 3.0 version" but if i get it in the same cost y not.

Asus Joins the Ivy Bridge PCIe 3.0 Motherboard Race Asus is coming out with PCI 3.0 as well .

but they will charge more. and will have to w8 till it comes in market.. G3 is already available

Intel's Ivy Bridge Chips to Get DirectX 11, PCIe 3.0 | PCWorldll ivy bridge chipsets will have it. y regret later

and now i refreshed 10 more times it still is DOWN

so, 560 Ti it is,,

thanx for advicing SMPS and cabinet .

Thanx a lot :)

[mod]Please refrain from using SMS Lingo. Your next such post will be officially warned. Read the forum rules here -> http://www.techenclave.com/rules.php [/mod]

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Cooler Master eXtreme Power series 700W for 4800 how would this be vs Corsair TX V2 650W ~ 5500

and in Cabinets

how are these

Cooler Master Elite 311 Plus ~ 2700

Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus ~ 3200

shakirmj said:
While i m writing this reply i would have refreshed asus website 10 times and it gives dis
An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #97.a52cf8da.1320418193.6e8b48d

what should i do wit dis reference..
i wonder if dere bios also gives such errors
both techpower up MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) PCI-Express 3.0 LGA1155 Review - Page 13/13 | techPowerUp and
overclockersclub MSI Z68A-GD80 Revision G3 Review - Overclockers Club talk about MSI bios improvement in G3

and MSI website quotes it to be UEFI bios
"No point getting a PCi-E 3.0 version" but if i get it in the same cost y not.

Asus Joins the Ivy Bridge PCIe 3.0 Motherboard Race Asus is coming out with PCI 3.0 as well .
but they will charge more. and will have to w8 till it comes in market.. G3 is already available

Intel's Ivy Bridge Chips to Get DirectX 11, PCIe 3.0 | PCWorldll ivy bridge chipsets will have it. y regret later

and now i refreshed 10 more times it still is DOWN
so, 560 Ti it is,,
thanx for advicing SMPS and cabinet .
Thanx a lot :)

[mod]Please refrain from using SMS Lingo. Your next such post will be officially warned. Read the forum rules here -> TechEnclave Community Rules [/mod]

Cooler Master eXtreme Power series 700W for 4800 how would this be vs Corsair TX V2 650W ~ 5500

and in Cabinets
how are these
Cooler Master Elite 311 Plus ~ 2700
Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus ~ 3200

Cooler Master eXtreme Power series 700W, cheaper but not better in terms of build and quality of components used (though it can give you upto 700w, there's no real guarantee that it'll absolutely be constant and clean especially at higher load).. its best you spend the extra buck on a good smps, got for corsair. Especially with a card like 560ti it's better to be safe than sorry. :D

^^ Bruv, freeze has got it right the Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus series are not as good as they are made to be, so avoid. The Corsair TX V2 650W is a much better pick, if you are constrained by your budget, look into the Corsair GS series. Though still I tell you first preference is the Corsair TX / HX line-up for systems of your class.

As for cabinet, again try to avoid the Cooler Master eLite cabinets until extreme budget constraints, the NZXT Source 210 / Gamma are frankly speaking much better options overall, better airflow, cable hiding / routing cutouts, rubber grommets. Also the design used for the Gamma makes it the best in the sub-3000/- market for airflow as well as interior space. It supports water coolers [albeit smaller loops], something which even my Cooler Master STORM Scout doesn't have.

If you don't like the NZXT Gamma / Source 210, get the Cooler Master 690 [any edition] ~ 3900/-, much better than eLite series.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot guys .

I was really confused with the PSU and cabinet.

I would finalize Corsair TX and NZXT gamma for cabinet (better in looks than Source)

^^ To buy NZXT Gamma @S.P. Road go pay a visit to Golccha Computers, should seal a deal ~ 2300/-.

^^ If you'll perform mild over-clock's --> Cooler Master Hyper 212+ ~ 2100/- OR for moderate clocks add another fan to the Hyper 212+ for a push-pull configuration.

Else if you are into pure performance numbers, get the Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~ 3900/- [just check if it will fit into a NZXT Gamma, beforehand].

Guide - How TIM Works & How To Apply It Correctly | bit-tech.net -- a good read for first time assembles. Cheers. Bruv!!

^^ It fits Sir and that is what counts, tight OR not several members have it running in their RIG's and the Noctua absolutely trounces the Hyper 212+ when it comes to cooling performance.

Hi all

How is this configuration

i5 2500k ~ 11200

ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z ~ 12500 (not sure)( :( no MSI G3 motherboards in stock and i cant wait any longer)

MSI N560 TI

NZXT Phantom

Corsair TX V2 650W

GSKILL ram (8gb)

Please suggest a monitor (budget 7K)

shakirmj said:
NZXT Phantom

Drop this cabinet ASAP, get a Corsair Carbide 400R ~ 5200/- OR NZXT Tempest EVO ~ 6200/-, redeploy the saved cash into --

Dell ST2220L ~ 8500/- [instead of skimping on the monitor real estate],

instead of getting the ASUS Maximus Gene Z, get a ASUS P8Z68-V PRO / ASUS P8Z68-M PRO, save some more money. It is not as if you are going to over-clock the living daylights out of your processor + achieving 4.2 ~ 4.5 GHz on air on a k-marked processor is easy.

Hope this helps, Sire.

dude a p8z68-v pro is also 14k. the p8z68-v is around 11k.. m version is not that great. it does not have digi+vrm on it and only a single pcie 16x..
try hardwire.in .. nice prices for motherboards.. better than smc

ALPHA17 said:
instead of getting the ASUS Maximus Gene Z, get a ASUS P8Z68-V PRO / ASUS P8Z68-M PRO, save some more money. It is not as if you are going to over-clock the living daylights out of your processor + achieving 4.2 ~ 4.5 GHz on air on a k-marked processor is easy.

the M series does not have SLI so does V LE . the only options i have is V PRO and V
V Pro is Priced higher than Gene-Z
V has Bt go but Gene-Z has much better audio + ROG features

hardwire.in prices
ASUS Maximus 4 Gene-Z ~ 13,450 Rs
ASUS P8Z68 V PRO Intel Board ~ 14,450 Rs

smc prices
Asus P8Z68-V PRO Motherboard ~ 15,300.00
Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z ~ 14,000.00

ALPHA17 said:
Drop this cabinet ASAP

Please could you be more clear and support your suggestion