Budget 51-70k Gaming Rig Advice

Ramith

Recruit
Hi enclave members,

This will be my first PC assembly. I've done a bit of research and want some opinion on what I intend to build, as well as any opinions on changes I could/should make:

I'm trying to achieve 1080p on high at good fps(let me know if my current choices is sufficient to let me do more than that :) ) on some of the better modern-day games.

I want it to last about 1-2 years before Pascal becomes affordable so that I can upgrade just the GPU then.

Ok, anyway, moving to the current build specs:

1. Cabinet: Circle CC 830
2. PSU: Corsair CP-9020098-UK VS Series VS650 650 Watt Power Supply Unit
3. MoBo: MSI H110M PRO - VH - 6th Generation DDR4 MotherBoard (LGA1151, DDR4 2133Mhz, HDMI + VGA Ports, MicroATX Board)
4. Graphics card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Strix DirectCU II Graphics Card (4 GB, GDDR5, PCI Express 3.0, HDMI, DVI-I, 3 x Display Port)Processor: i5 6th gen skylake 6500
5. Processor: Intel Core i5 6500 LGA1151 Socket 3.20GHz Processor
6 . RAM : Kingston Technology HyperX FURY Black 8 GB 2133 MHz CL14 DIMM DDR4 Internal Memory (HX421C14FB2/8)
7. HDD : Weston 1TB
8. MKB and Monitor: Inherited from old PC. Decent enough :)

This comes up to 55k or so.

My major concern is whether the MoBo is a) compatible with my chosen components b) sufficient considering that I don't intend to overclock anything anytime soon barring the GPUs factory overclock.
it is extremely cheap compared to the options I read online, and I don't fully understand why.

Is this build good enough? Any help/suggestions is appreciated.

Cheers,
RP

1. Yes
2. Yes
But have you bought or still considering? Because I wouldn't buy that Corsair V650 PSU. Its cheap but a risky bet. You should get more reliable ones.
And also replace the Circle cabinet. Do not fall for cool looks offered by cheap brands. Trust me.

Hi iPwnz,

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't bought yet. Just finalising parts.

A few follow up questions if you don't mind:

1. Can I overclock the gpu with this motherboard? With the software that comes bundled with the strix GPU?

2. Why do you consider the power supply insufficient? I thought 650W would be sufficient. Or is it this specific model you are recommending against?
Could you suggest an alternative in same price range or maybe 1-2k more?

3. Circle 830 seems to have a great rating on Amazon and that's why I chose it. Any alternative suggestions?

Regards,
RP

Budget -55K
  • CPU - Intel Core i5 6500 -15000,
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H -7500,
  • HDD - WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3700,
  • PSU - Seasonic S12II 520w -5500,
  • Memory - Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4 -2500,
  • Cabinet - Antec GX500 -4500,
  • GPU - Zotac GTX960 2GB OC -16000.
  • TOTAL -54,700.

IMO 4GB GTX 960 is not worth it i would save money and buy 2GB one and put the cash in a good PSU instead. Corsair RM 650 or Seasonic S12II 620W are both good quality PSU.
As for RAM stick to 8GB 1600MHZ since 2133 wouldn't affect gaming much unless you are into memory intensive tasks.

Thanks for the suggestions.

1. I'm not sure why everyone is hating on the PSU, looks like the Corsair VS series is not reliable :/
Guess I'll shell out some more money and get the Seasonic S12II 620W. It's 2k costlier though :(

2. @bssunilreddy, I have been completely unsuccessful to find the i5 6500 for 15k anywhere. It's at 16.5-16.9k everywhere I look. Maybe you could share a link?

3. Since people are suggesting alternative GPU in the 960 range, which would be the best? I've shortlisted to these and put up prices I found on Amazon right now. Suggest an alternative card if these aren't the best.

1) Zotac AMP! edition 2GB DDR5 - 128Bit PCIeX16 Graphic Card - 16.9k
2) MSI Graphic Card GTX 960 2GD5T OC - 16.5k
3) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 2GB Windforce OC Edition Graphics Card (2GB, GDDR5, PCI-E 3.0, 128Bit, HDMI, DP, Dual-Link DVI) Boost to 1279Mhz - 17k
4) Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Strix DirectCU II Graphics Card (4 GB, GDDR5, PCI Express 3.0, HDMI, DVI-I, 3 x Display Port) - 19k. This was my original choice.

Also, how is after sales service for these brands? I feel that should impact my choice. My guess is ASUS would be the best in that regard.

Last edited:
1. I'm not sure why everyone is hating on the PSU, looks like the Corsair VS series is not reliable :/
Guess I'll shell out some more money and get the Seasonic S12II 620W. It's 2k costlier though :(
520w is sufficient for your build.
https://www.techenclave.com/community/guides/best-power-supply-units.1/
[B]2.[/B] @bssunilreddy, I have been completely unsuccessful to find the i5 6500 for 15k anywhere. It's at 16.5-16.9k everywhere I look. Maybe you could share a link?
http://www.deltapage.com/content/price.htm
3.Since people are suggesting alternative GPU in the 960 range, which would be the best? I've shortlisted to these and put up prices I found on Amazon right now. Suggest an alternative card if these aren't the best.
If you're not in a hurry, postpone your GPU purchase. Prices likely to fall in the coming months.

Corsair VS series have poor quality caps so they are not usually recommended, especially for long term usage in which the caps slowly degrade over time. For basic systems it may be fine but since your PC will be a much powerful one than that you are advised to not risk it.

You can either get a used GPU or postpone it.
Check the price with your local dealers. They sometimes have lower rates than online dealers.
After-sales services experience will differ from one person to another. I don't want to go much into the details but it depends on the location I guess.

Last edited:
As for RAM stick to 8GB 1600MHZ since 2133 wouldn't affect gaming much unless you are into memory intensive tasks.
agreed. not worth the extra money.

you can get the seasonic s12 520. your system's estimated tdp is below 350w.

If you're not in a hurry, postpone your GPU purchase. Prices likely to fall in the coming months.
next gen gpus are showing a good jump in value. if you can wait then i'd recommend that too.

Circle 830 seems to have a great rating on Amazon and that's why I chose it. Any alternative suggestions?
it's more about the quality of the sheet metal and layout. cooler master, corsair, nzxt, antec are ones i would recommend.

Thanks for the suggestions.

2. @bssunilreddy, I have been completely unsuccessful to find the i5 6500 for 15k anywhere. It's at 16.5-16.9k everywhere I look. Maybe you could share a link?

3. Since people are suggesting alternative GPU in the 960 range, which would be the best? I've shortlisted to these and put up prices I found on Amazon right now. Suggest an alternative card if these aren't the best.

1) Zotac AMP! edition 2GB DDR5 - 128Bit PCIeX16 Graphic Card - 16.9k
2) MSI Graphic Card GTX 960 2GD5T OC - 16.5k
3) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 2GB Windforce OC Edition Graphics Card (2GB, GDDR5, PCI-E 3.0, 128Bit, HDMI, DP, Dual-Link DVI) Boost to 1279Mhz - 17k
4) Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Strix DirectCU II Graphics Card (4 GB, GDDR5, PCI Express 3.0, HDMI, DVI-I, 3 x Display Port) - 19k. This was my original choice.

Also, how is after sales service for these brands? I feel that should impact my choice. My guess is ASUS would be the best in that regard.
All my prices are based on Local CTC,Secunderabad prices.

Back