Gaming rig at 30k or console - please suggest

Hey mates.

Background - Some 2.5 years back i started building my gaming RIG. Stuff i got that time was ->

1. CM 690
2. 9800GT
3. Corsair 750W etc etc.

Then i went to do my MBA and staying in hostel was compulsory and NO, i repeat no desktops were allowed. ( i came to know this 2 weeks prior to my joining ). Anyways, somehow i came out of the shock and sold most of the stuff except the cabinet and PSU.

Now that i would be working and would like to continue my gaming again ( though i have ASUS G50V - x6 which runs all games max settings till date. Finished Crysis 2 recently) on a PC.

Please suggest what all stuff to buy now especially from the US. As i have few people coming down in 1-2 months time.

So, as i mentioned PSU i have. Cabinet i have, rest i need to buy. Please provide with links ( newegg.com). Would prefer something with warranty while buying from US.

Also, can i go for 3D gaming ? Would like to keep my budget low as possible, around 30K.
I am not in hurry, so can build up part by part.

Also, what if i invest in a console ?? How is that option ?
Thanks again

Re: Its time i get back to it..

You seem pretty confused yourself.

If you just need to game & are well versed with the consoles then go for it thus no need to invest in desktop.

Also, you already having a nice laptop so again you investing in a desktop doesnt sound fair but only if you are happy to keep them both.

As for your budget, its pretty tight & 3d gaming isnt possible as you will have to buy an lcd/proccy/mobo/dimms/gpu/kb/mouse/speakys/optical/hdd & anything more you need.

So i would suggest to increase your budget to like 41k and get the best.

Intel Core i5-2500 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz ---10.1k

MSI H67MA-E35 ---4.7k

Corsair 4GB DDRIII 1333MHz ---2.1k

SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 ---9.8k

WD 1 TB 7200.12 ---2.7k

SAMSUNG B2230 ---8.2k

Logitech MMKB ---400bucks

any good mouse upto ---500 bucks

(or a gaming mouse if you wish so)

LG 22X SATA DVD ---1.1k

Altec Lansing 2.1 VS2621 ---1.7k

Total ----41200

Re: Its time i get back to it..

i would say in 30K...buy a ps3 and a 24inch monitor and you are game...

you already have a laptop for PC games

and yes get yourself a good pair of gaming headsets
:)

how much would a console cost if i buy from USA ? will iget warranty ? and in case i go for console, then should i go for xbox or PS3 ?

No International warranty on consoles AFAIK. PS3 slim costs $300 IINM. XBOX 360 4GB costs $200. Check amazon etc..

P.S: If you are settled on console then take this discussion forward to the other section as it would be more relevant there.

With a 30k budget, you need to go the console way. To go for a PC you need to spend a bare minimum of 30-40k a year on your PC

that is true, but once i get the basic stuff like Motherboard, RAM and Proccy, i can add the remaining stuff like GPU, 3D screen and all after a month or so. That time again i ll invest in it.

yes it has a HDMI port.. what cable to buy ? Any specific brand, model number, serial number? And how much would it cost ?

One more doubt - Would there be any effect in quality ? The resolution would be of that of LCD ? Any other change would be there ?

^^ You can get the cheapest HDMI to HDMI cable in the market. Should cost you around 200 bucks. Do note that trying to play games on LCD TV at close range is not a good idea. I have tried that myself and it results in a lot of eye strain and neck pain. However, it is very good for browsing net and reading once you tweak the back-light level, brightness and contrast. As for resolution, it entirely depends on the native resolution of the TV. On a Full HD TV, you can run at 1920 x 1080. There are also the much cheaper 1366 x 768 resolution LCD's, but I wouldn't recommend them for PC use. For you use, you would be better off with a 27" LCD Monitor like the BenQ M2700HD.

i would watch movies on it too. So can i buy a bigger size lcd and buy a wireless keyboard and mouse, then connect to my laptop and then play from a distance. Can it be done ?

Back