Budget 41-50k Gaming Rig/Hackintosh/Music Production System (Max 50K)

sidz2bt

Disciple
Hi All,

I am out of the PC scene for a long time and i recently played Assasins Creed Brotherhood on the iMac which made me realize what i have been missing :p. I have sold the imac now and i am really excited to build a gaming machine. I want a machine that will also be suitable for a stable hackintosh built. If any members have any prior experience with that, please advice. Heres the summary of my requirement.

1. Q: What is your budget?
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • 13' Macbook pro (2010)
    • 21.5 (2011) iMac
    • Dell U2311h
    • 6 Year old APC .5KVA UPS
    • Digidesign 003 Rack Sound Card
    • And a bunch of music production related gear.

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Dell U2311h (But this looks dull or not bright enough :( for gaming.) I noticed my 21.5 imac screen was much brighter and better than this. Should i sell this off? Please advice.
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • What ever you guys suggest. I rather leave it to you guruz.
    • A motherboard with a texas instruments based firewire port. (For my soundcard compatibility)
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, a Blue ray writer when the price comes down.

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bangalore
    • Not open to online purchase
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • HD Gaming
    • Hackintosh (Snow Leapord)
    • Music production
    • HTPC
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • I am open to any company with decent A.S.S.
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Third person Games (Max Payne 3, Arkham City, Assasins creed III etc or even GTA V when they release it this spring..)
    • Been out of the gaming scene too long. Time for me to catch up!!
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1440x900
    2. Desktop - 1440x900
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • Errr... No
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
    • Snow Leopard (Hackintosh)

Thank you so much for all your help guyz!!

1440x900i is not HD its 720p basically which not bad or anything. The good news is at resolution you don;t need to spend that much, consider the typical i3 config - i3 2120, gigabtye B75 mobo, 2X 4gb ddr3 corsair or gkill ram,seasonic 520W psu, corsair 300R cabinet ( you get something like NZXT gama will be cheaper)..since you mentioned hackingtosh, gigabyte motherboard are the most compatible, I will suggest you do some googling on this

Thank you so much for your replies. I did do some googlin and snow leopard works well only on sandy builds and ivy is not fully supported (Tonymacosx86) ... as my primary purpose is 'HD gaming' :D, I will skip the hackintosh part for now. I will however still need a TI based Firewire 400 port(For my soundcard). Sadly i am out of the gaming scene for years now so i am still not used to all the latest terminology. I want to play the games i have listed in highest resolution possible in my budget. Primarily on Win7... Do you guys suggest i ditch my One year old U2311 for a brighter monitor? Please advice a system for 60k (Incl monitor and ups) :hail:

Back