Gaming rig suggestion required..!!!

firebull

Disciple
I HAVE FINALISED FOLLOWING CONFIGURATION ...........PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AND SUGGEST AMENDMENTS.....

PROCESSOR INTEL CORE i5 2500k
MOTHERBOARD ASUS P8Z68 V PRO
Gskill Sandy Bridge 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 4GB X 2
GRAPHIC CARD MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozer II/OC
HDD SEAGATE 1TB 7200.12 RPM
DVD WRITER LG
POWER SUPPLY COSAIR GS700
CASE Cooler Master HAF 912 advanced
MONITOR ASUS ML238H
MOUSE RAZER DEATH ADDER
MOUSE PAD RAZER GOLIATHUS SPEED EDITION
HEADPHONES SENHEISSER HD 202

I WILL BUY DAY AFTER TOMORROW.......WHERE SHOULD I BUY SMC INTERNATIONAL OR COMPUTER EMPIRE????
PLZZ REPLY FAST.....

Are you building this rig for gaming if yes then you dont require 8GB ram... and if you have added a Z68 motherboard for overclocking purpose then i think you forgot to include a decent CPU cooler... And instead of GS700 buy Corsair TX650 V2... And instead of that Asus monitor buy BenQ G2220HD or E2220HD... Almost all the components that you have selected you would be able to find in SMC international store...

why are you not recommending the asus monitor?
Because G2220HD is tried and tested monitor and one of the best VFM monitor out there... Plus it has good viewing angles and good color reproduction quality... Can't comment on the Asus monitor as no one owns this monitor on TE AFAIK... So G2220HD is a safer choice as most users own this monitor including me and very happy after buying it...

and the case fans wont be enough???
If you are gonna overclock the i5 2500k then nope... And if you gonna run this rig at stock clock then why buy a Z68 mobo?

firebull said:
why are you not recommending the asus monitor????

and the case fans wont be enough???

Look on this front you've post this query we're giving our views, ASUS monitors are not widely spread in India and not many use them on Techenclave so vouching for them is risky and the blame lands on us if the device is faulty. That is why recommended you get either the,

BenQ G2220HD / E2220HD ~ 7500/- OR 8500/- [the E-version of the monitor comes with a LED backlight so better brightness and contrast ratios]

Dell ST2220L ~ 8800/-

^^ IF you want to over-clock get the Cooler Master Hyper 212+ ~ 1800/-, minimum [stock heat-sink-fan packages are not recommended in Intel's case, due to the miserable thing that they package with the CPU called a HSF].

ISHROCZ_14 said:
get a cpu cooler and .. get steelseries siberia v1 instead of hd202 !!!

The Siberia is a more expensive model with not a very great step up on the sound, HD 202 ~ 1700/- is a much better deal.

Thanks guys.....for your valuable suggestions.

will buy BENQ G2220D....but this monitor dont have an hdmi port ....... and what are the benefits of having an hdmi port????

also suggest me a ups. (i need back up for max 5 mnutes as no electricity cut in my college...!!!)

and what are the benefits of having an hdmi port????
You can connect your laptop or xbox360 or PS3 to the monitor if the monitor has HDMI port... If you really need HDMI port that buy E2220HD which comes with two HDMI ports...

I am not good at suggesting UPSs create a thread regarding this query in PC peripherals section also mention in that thread that which PSU you are gonna use with the UPS...

firebull said:
please suggest me a ups too.....

For UPS get the APC BR-1000 VA IN / BR-1.1 KVA ~ 4600/-, great PSU's for the price you will not get better, they are capable of driving your set-up for 15 minutes depending on load, but if you are 100% confident of your college's back-up get the APC BR-650 VA IN model ~ 2600/-.

Hope this helps, Sire.

ISHROCZ_14 said:
he needs a complete gaming rig .. so proper headies are must !!! 2750 .. v1 steelseries siberia !!

Can you please be to the point, I find the Steel Siberia over-priced, OP will be better of with the Sennheiser HD 202 OR these -- http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/ozone-attack-gaming-head-set-review-195493.html, ViKiD has done a good article.

The ASUS ML238Hmonitor has a 2 ms( lower is better ) response time compared to the 5 ms response time on both the BenQ G2220HD and E2220HD

Back