Other Gboard showing regional languages despite being set with English only

Gents, big problem. This unhinged Google Keyboard has started showing our regional languages (Hindi and whatnot) despite me keeping it on English only. I am a swipe typist, have been since before 2010 (anyone remembers the lovely Swype Beta days?) and when I swipe on Google keyboard these non English words are appearing! If you fail to swipe accurately on the letters, the closest English words should appear based on what you swiped over, but in this case, just look how flawlessly GBoard is suggesting Hindi words without even a trace of any English words! I mean WTF is this!

Screen recording of this stupidity: https://photos.app.goo.gl/KquNosBXQzzzNgXr6

Yes, I purposefully typed the Hindi in that instance, but my point stands. Is there any resolve to this?

Go inside your gboard settings > languages > English (UK) > Turn off multilingual typing.
Also if you have previously typed those hindi words then it's going to keep learning from that.

another thing, gboard settings > advanced > Delete learned words and data.

1. Multilingual typing option is greyed out, presumably as I only have one language set.
2. Done that already, clearing learned words. In fact, as one can assume from the default theme of GBoard, I have cleared cache and data of the app itself. So it's basically starting afresh.
3. I have never typed any Hindi words ever in my life. It's not my language. I don't speak/read/write it.
I just tried typing a full Hindi sentence (other than the one above) and I can type it absolutely flawlessly. I haven't a clue what's a point of setting a language on Gboard and what juju shite is this!

I don't know when this became normal. I didn't have this problem, say a year ago. Is there some older version of gboard which didn't have this automatic/enforced regional language thing? Indic keyboard is working fine for the time being, thanks for mentioning it. Wish there was an option of key borders but it's workable and much better than the idiocy of gboard.

Back