Gearbox Announces Borderlands 3

Seems got delayed by 6 months :p
they will need 6 months to make the game stable anyways :rolleyes:

6 months timed exclusive. ****ing epic games store

this is terrible, i have all previous BL in steam, and i wont buy it it in EPIC store... EPIC is terrible. They are the most greedy and anti-consumer company out there. First paragon & now fortnite -- they scammed me for my money twice. I don't trust EPIC.

I will wait 6 month, by the time genuine reviews will surface which will help me decide buy it or not.

this is terrible, i have all previous BL in steam, and i wont buy it it in EPIC store... EPIC is terrible. They are the most greedy and anti-consumer company out there. First paragon & now fortnite -- they scammed me for my money twice. I don't trust EPIC.

I will wait 6 month, by the time genuine reviews will surface which will help me decide buy it or not.
I know Paragon was shut down but what about fortnite?

I know Paragon was shut down but what about fortnite?

Fortnite is on the path of paragon as well, almost abandoned game.

It's the most bugged game i have ever played. Build on Lies by EPIC games, the game is really still not passed alpha stage in last two years, they suppose to release the game early 2018. And what was told to player when we purchased the early-access game.
And due to the bugs and false promises, the community is turning out more toxic every day out of frustration. One can check /r/fortnite - subreddit to get a glimpse of players griefs. This sub is highly censored and controlled by Epic game itself by paying the mods. if it left open for free speech the reality is far more worst.

When Paragon shut down, i purchased Fortnite early access.. which was suppose to be a tower defence game. Initial days it was amazing i have put real money in buying many ad-ons in both of stw & br, over a period of a year and i regret for every penny i spent on this franchise ( ~25k in inr).
Earlier this year they changed entire game mechanics which they called "hero-rework" .. good changes, but it seem they just did it with no future vision of the game. The game is unbalanced as hell, and instead of a game which one can enjoy it feels like a full time job at this time.

On tech side, Today in 2019 end, game is very very unpolished, frame rate randomly drops to 20fps, freezing players for 10-12 seconds. Servers crashes randomly wasting people 2-3 hours of game progression and materials. Game environment sometime become so dark and game shaders are so unoptimised, often one cannot see anything except black or purple hue in the entire screen.

There are critical bugs which are open for over 2+ years now, for example game is crashing in Xbox for last 3 month which they don't bothered to even acknowledge, forget about fix. for example - r/FORTnITE/comments/d51c4p/so_still_havent_found_a_fix_after_over_2_years/

Every new patch is adding 5 new game breaking bugs, recently the game was unplayable for 14 days straight as the moment one starting any mission game was crashing. They dont bother to do any QA of the updates they release every 14 days.

I also played their battle royale mode till season 4 which was the best season till now, after that it went downhill every passing season & i stopped in mid of season 5.
Gameplay now a days sukx, for example one has to play a minimum of 240 hours in a season to complete all challenges & unlock the goodies. Hence people started to use auto-clicker & go afk overnight. And in name of content they are just recoloring old stuffs and selling for 10$.

The immense respect i had for EPIC game for their Unreal Engine is washed away with this game franchise.
EPIC game post acquisition by Tencent is most anti--consumer company. Due their their greed they managed to screw a wonderful game such as BL3 as well.

Last edited:
Fortnite is on the path of paragon as well, almost abandoned game.

It's the most bugged game i have ever played. Build on Lies by EPIC games, the game is really still not passed alpha stage in last two years, they suppose to release the game early 2018. And what was told to player when we purchased the early-access game.
And due to the bugs and false promises, the community is turning out more toxic every day out of frustration. One can check /r/fortnite - subreddit to get a glimpse of players griefs. This sub is highly censored and controlled by Epic game itself by paying the mods. if it left open for free speech the reality is far more worst.

When Paragon shut down, i purchased Fortnite early access.. which was suppose to be a tower defence game. Initial days it was amazing i have put real money in buying many ad-ons in both of stw & br, over a period of a year and i regret for every penny i spent on this franchise ( ~25k in inr).
Earlier this year they changed entire game mechanics which they called "hero-rework" .. good changes, but it seem they just did it with no future vision of the game. The game is unbalanced as hell, and instead of a game which one can enjoy it feels like a full time job at this time.

On tech side, Today in 2019 end, game is very very unpolished, frame rate randomly drops to 20fps, freezing players for 10-12 seconds. Servers crashes randomly wasting people 2-3 hours of game progression and materials. Game environment sometime become so dark and game shaders are so unoptimised, often one cannot see anything except black or purple hue in the entire screen.

There are critical bugs which are open for over 2+ years now, for example game is crashing in Xbox for last 3 month which they don't bothered to even acknowledge, forget about fix. for example - r/FORTnITE/comments/d51c4p/so_still_havent_found_a_fix_after_over_2_years/

Every new patch is adding 5 new game breaking bugs, recently the game was unplayable for 14 days straight as the moment one starting any mission game was crashing. They dont bother to do any QA of the updates they release every 14 days.

I also played their battle royale mode till season 4 which was the best season till now, after that it went downhill every passing season & i stopped in mid of season 5.
Gameplay now a days sukx, for example one has to play a minimum of 240 hours in a season to complete all challenges & unlock the goodies. Hence people started to use auto-clicker & go afk overnight. And in name of content they are just recoloring old stuffs and selling for 10$.

The immense respect i had for EPIC game for their Unreal Engine is washed away with this game franchise.
EPIC game post acquisition by Tencent is most anti--consumer company. Due their their greed they managed to screw a wonderful game such as BL3 as well.
I also don't like epic but some say its competing with steam

.... competing with steam

everyone thought & wished like that, but the direction EGL took is not good for anyone, they say they only take 12% of sales profit compares to steam who took 30% (game industry norm publisher take 30% - developer keep 70%).

When epic bundle the game in the launcher, which is very primitive, somehow they manage to screw most of the games.
Epic game "supposedly" inject their own tracking / telemetry system in the games on the platform and is caught in collecting system wide data & tracking users behaviour - which is very much out of scope of game. ( eg - hxxps://elpaisanoonline.com/ae/2019/03/24/epic-games-caught-stealing-your-steam-data/ (change xx, media embedding is scrwing the post)

Now as an end user, i want my game to be playable, and start immediately. Currently performance of the same game in both of these platform varies a lot.
Someone posted long data-based theory in batman game forum, that while in steam it took only 40-50 seconds to start the game ( i believe it was arkham asylum) it take over 3 minute the game to start in EGL. and in BL3 the game was constantly uploading something from PC at 2mbps to "datarouter.ol.epicgames.com".

Steam people make fun of people who got BL3 on EGL - saying thanks for beta testing the game :p

I honestly wish there is a serious competitor of Steam - but Epic Game launcher is not in that path ( see the CEO's comment here - hxxps://old.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/b15k8g/epic_games_launcher_appears_to_collect_your_steam/eik6bhp/ literally showing middle finger to gaming community).
Epic luring developers with 88% profit, but even the developer wont push more game in future if those are not performing well in their platform & damaging their active user. 70% of 100m will always be great profit margin then 88% of 1m.

We need people like John Carmack, who revolutionised the gaming, and not twisted brain power tripping like Tim Sweeney who think he can dictate the industry .

Last edited:
Back