Gearing up for MTNL 849NU depression ....

I just called MTNL to change my plan from the basic Rs.199 plan to 849NU...
The lady said the plan will change from the 1st of next month... So far so good.
Now here is my problem my ADSL currently syncs only at 256/256 kbps (PLan 199P).. Since I am supposed to get UPTO 2mbps even on the basic plan I had complained like a hundred times on the mtnl complaint site MTNL MUMBAI :: COMPLAINT ONLINE .. But all my my complaints wud get closed without any action.....
I am pretty much sure that when my plan changes my speed will still remain the same ...which is stupid since my friend who is still on 590NU (old plan) also gets 256 Kbps.....
I do not want to spend the extra 300 bucks if I am not getting any difference in speed....
So now i want to know is there anyway to get the speed increased rather than using the straight forward method?? I mean contact number of the higher ups or anything??

I want to be ready with all the information for the complaining a soon as my plan changes on the 1st of the month :) .....

Better try to get in touch with the DGM (Deputy General Manager) of MTNL in your area. That should get things rolling fast enough.

bahh.. the site doesn't do jackshit. walk down to your exchange and try to talk to the highest person in charge for broadband in your area.

scream/shout/make a scene.

That usually gets their attention.

Call 1504, and Log a call,
its treated different than logging a call over web.
when u speak, tell them that u dont get speed.

worked for me.

scarezebra said:
The lady said the plan will change from the 1st of next month... So far so good.
Now here is my problem my ADSL currently syncs only at 256/256 kbps (PLan 199P).. Since I am supposed to get UPTO 2mbps even on the basic plan I had complained like a hundred times on the mtnl complaint site MTNL MUMBAI :: COMPLAINT ONLINE .. But all my my complaints wud get closed without any action.....
I am pretty much sure that when my plan changes my speed will still remain the same ...which is stupid since my friend who is still on 590NU (old plan) also gets 256 Kbps.....
I do not want to spend the extra 300 bucks if I am not getting any difference in speed....
So now i want to know is there anyway to get the speed increased rather than using the straight forward method?? I mean contact number of the higher ups or anything??

I want to be ready with all the information for the complaining a soon as my plan changes on the 1st of the month :) .....

best, get in touch with your Area Manager... if possible meet him in person

shotgun said:
Call 1504, and Log a call,
its treated different than logging a call over web.
when u speak, tell them that u dont get speed.

worked for me.
I had tried the phone call way before going the web route.. Again my complaints used to go unnnoticed...

Yeah I have taken down the numbers/email ids of GM ( I guess...) ... I will log a complaint again and send him the complaint number through mail .... Hope it works....

scarezebra said:

G M (BB): Takkar A K 24310645
D G M (Internet-1):patil S G 24210387
S D E (Internet):Nalavade V V 24331408

Just contact these people and lodge your complaint. I got my speeds and plan changed in a day by contacting the GM's Office.

^^Thanks buddy .... I am just waiting for the 1st of April for the plan to be changed ..Hope the speed changes tooo ..Keeping my fingers crossed.... :p

I will try out these numbers that you have given otherwise... Are these ppl responsible for the entire bombay sector or were they for the your exchange??

PS: I am from Borivli.

Best is to contact the external officer for your area(whichever exchange you are under). That is the guy who actually issues the order note etc and is usually knowledgeable than the customer care idiots. Even if you take it up with the higher ups the actual work has to be done by him in the end if its a local problem. At least that is the case with BSNL.

chiron said:
Best is to contact the external officer for your area(whichever exchange you are under). That is the guy who actually issues the order note etc and is usually knowledgeable than the customer care idiots. Even if you take it up with the higher ups the actual work has to be done by him in the end if its a local problem. At least that is the case with BSNL.

These guys are also, always looking for chai pani..:rofl:

Go to the highest engineer there..

Anand_A said:
G M (BB): Takkar A K 24310645
D G M (Internet-1):patil S G 24210387
S D E (Internet):Nalavade V V 24331408

Just contact these people and lodge your complaint. I got my speeds and plan changed in a day by contacting the GM's Office.

I called uo teh GM's office yesterday ... I got a call today from their side saying that the speed has been increased ... I was surprised that they did it one day .... I wasn't at home so coudln't check immediately ....
But I just checked it now .... They hae increased the speed alright but it is still synced at 260 U/480 D kbps :( .... a long way to go before it reaches 2 Mbsps :p

Hello!
I'm new here. I've been browsing tons of forums for an idea of what to do. I was laid off from my job about 3 month ago. I've been looking for a job since then, but did not even get a single interview. I worked as a web designer for a publishing company for the last 5 years. Looks like Indian Technology and Computer Discussion Portal - TechEnclave is an active forum with active members and may be someone has some experience working as a freelance web designer. May be "http://www.techenclave.com/broadband-forum/gearing-up-for-mtnl-849nu-depression-131172.html#post1088374" category is not the most appropriate for this question, but I want to try anyways to get some opinions before I go ahead with my life. I'm wondering if it is possible in the current economy to find work for a freelance web designer and make enough to pay for rent and groceries. I was able to find a small project on craigslist and I developed a website for a company. It was a small project and took me only a week to complete. I got paid $800 for 1 week of work which is not bad. Please people give me some ideas. I have 2 kids and my wife is out of work as well. Thank you in advance.

Back