Gears of War 2 - My Review

My GOW2 Review - Tried Hard for a Spoiler free Review :D
gearsofwar2jq7.jpg

Gears of War 1 was the game which influenced me in buying a Xbox 360, Well!! now its time agian for all gamers to buy a Xbox 360 (must buy if u dont have one) to experience a true Masterpiece EPIC game called Gears of War 2, without a second thought GOW2 is the best action game i have ever played and also the best sequel ever! Hats off to the entire Epic team & MS. :majesty:

Yes guys GOW2 has it all!! great deep story (yes it has Sentiments, loads of Humor & Intense action sequences), almost perfect presentation & level designing, several WOW-moments which has never been seen before in a Videogame! including some great cutscenes and also not to forget great new multiplayer modes( i did try the Horde mode & it was damm fun & tough to beat). :good:

gow2ue6.jpg

The game starts in Hospital this time and the first few mins makes u feel ur playing nothing but Gears 1 allover again, but what u watch & experience after the first 15 mins is mind-boggling, You get to meet the Brumacks (which was the biggest monster in Gears 1) in the very first Act (remember the first ever Gow2 gameplay trailer).. Reavers & Brumacks are your new friends now :D , its like they have all replaced the Locusts from Gears1. :thumbsup:
gowlocustsmb9.jpg

I have played very few games which boosts a weapon system thats quite this balanced where the strengths and weakness are so clearly explained. Chainsawing your enemy is more fun aswell & i had no idea how much a Chainsaw matters untill i played GOW2. The Muler, the Morter and the Boomer shield adds great variety to the weapon system, You will have a hard time in trying to choose the weapons to carry in order to face those unpredictable enemies. I would say the LANCER is one of the obvious choice & also the game managed to scare me a few times particularly in Act 3.

I would not like to spoil it too much for u guys by revealing more about the game plot & its characters. (Holy sh*t!! u get to meet some amazing enemy characters). :eek:

gears2shotssa9.jpg

Visually the game looks stunning, the landscapes and the backgournds are truly breathtaking, lighting is fantastic with the use of soft shadows compared to Gears1,
The game runs flawlessly not a single stutter, did not face any Frame Rate issues. :coolspeak:

The few dissappointing aspects is again the length of the campaign mode (which took me close to 12 hrs on Normal mode) and also the Final Boss fight (not as tough as RAAM). :furious:

Finally!! GOW2 truly deserves to be the GOTY in all aspects, a EPIC WIN, its a game which u should never ever give a skip, absoulete must Buy & Play. :first:

GOW2 will surely be the most exhilarating gaming experince you will ever have. :clapping:
My Rating - 9.8 / 10

deepakc said:
I have a modded console !!

take that CliffyB!!

:rofl:

Nice review... it makes me even more sadder, I don't have Xbox and no idea if this will release to PC. Even if it does, it will months later and I'll sulk and be more n more sad till then. :mad:

Good review and same thoughts from me too, as even i completed the single player mode in normal.1 of the best games of 2008 with \out a doubt, and a must play game for all.

sourcewop said:
Good review and same thoughts from me too, as even i completed the single player mode in normal.1 of the best games of 2008 with \out a doubt, and a must play game for all.

All this even before the "official" game release :rofl:

Die Cliffy B, Die !! :p

Back