Windows GeForce 522.25 drivers boosting DX12 performance for 30 series cards

Stronk

Adept
Updated drivers from 497 something to 522.25 after seeing this video, and can actually see legit performance in games. Apart from introducing DLSS3.0, there are much more important performance gains across the board as well. Had benchmarked FH5 with the driver I was using previously a couple of months ago (to test performance difference between 1Rx16 and 2Rx8 RAM) which got an avg of 65fps with a mix of ultra and extreme settings, as below:
05973c9d-947f-4694-a302-e14ae47d1d56.jpeg

Post updating to latest driver, there was a boost of over 10% !!!
a3638468-b65e-4ace-8e07-92cccd91e6c3.jpeg

Apparently the gains in GPU limited scenarios are higher on average since this works on fixing the CPU overhead which have been a bane of Nvidia drivers compared to AMD. More (layman info, with some relative performance improvement graphs) info about the driver here. Share your results in this thread and let us know how much difference it has made for you, if any!

PS: I don't use these settings for playing regularly; these are just my benchmark settings. For daily use, I turn down the extreme settings to Ultra and have the fps locked to 72fps via VSync.

Back