PC Peripherals Geforce 7600gs-need advice

softerman

Disciple
Hai,
I am looking forward to buy a 7600gs graphics from united kingdom.I am doing this because i have got a friend there and the price seems to be cheaper than in india.got confused about 3 brands.here are the links to them xfx]

XFX Geoforce 7600GS 256MB **Passive Cooled Silent** PCI-E (400MHz Core Clock) (800MHz Memory Clock) : xfx-76gs

novatech
Novatech GeForce 7600GS 256MB DDR2 SLI, DVI, VGA, PCI-E : nov-76gs
bfg

BFG GeForce 7600GS OC 256MB DDR2 SLI, DVI, VGA, HDTV, PCI-E : bfg-76gs

xfx is described as passive cooled silent.actually what does this mean?it seems there is no fan attached on it!

What about the bfg lifetime warranty?so is this card more reliable among the three!
the novatechcard seems to be not at all popular.so all these three cards range from INR 5700 TO 7000 and you experts give your ranks for the above cards
and help me to choose one.
All are welcome.:)

yes passive cooling is basically fanless cooling.
Nvidia's reference design for the 7600gs is passive,so there is nothing to worry about.
u can go for either Bfg or xfx in this case as the specs are same with the difference being the bfg one is actively cooled(heatsink+fan). If ur worried about the card getting hot during everyday usage go for the BFG.

At those prices, wouldnt it be better to buy it here. I mean it would cost you like 6.7-6.8k or something for XFX or Leadtek. You get a local warranty of 3 years which is a much better option than saving 1k IMO.

Okay.what i need is to play some decent games like quake,fear,matix etc in my LIMITED SPARE TIME and wish
to maintain the new card only for the NEXT 3 years.i know the budget cards cannot run in high resolutions.so pls give your reviews about the oveclocked leadtek
card .it has got 8 pixel pipes and a memmory close to a standard 7600gs.its
also from uk and cost less than INR 5000.

Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK

pls cilck the technical specifications

^^If its got 8 pixel pipes then its a 7300 GT. For a bit more you get the 7600 GS which has 12 pipes and performs much better. The only 7300 GT worth getting imo is from Inno3D which comes with clocks of 500/1400. The best value card i would say is the 7600 GS. Dont look to buy it in the UK. For low end cards, the amount you would be saving is not substantial and as i said earlier you dont get local warranty. Importing a card is an good option only when ur either saving a lot of money or the card isnt available here.

Okay.my friend found inno3d 7300gt at a store in uk.its ddr3,256 mb and memmory core 550 mhz and clocks at 1400 mhz.now i am thinking of placing an order for this one.

memories_dv said:
Dont the x1600pro, x800gto and 6800xt come in the same range? Are they better than the 7600gs? Help appreciated!

x1600 pro = crap performance, though high on features(SM3,Ringbus controller, HDR+AA). But the performance simply isnt there compared to the 7600 GS.

x800 gto = decent performace but lack of features. Only SM2, no HDR.

6800 XT = again crap performance for the price.

Either the 7300 GT or 7600 GS are the best choices in that range.

Okay.my friend have placed the order for inno3d 7300gtddr3.

I am also thinking of buying a mother board compatable to this 7300gt ddr3.is there anything
complex regarding the compatability a pci-express mother board and a pci-express complaint
graphics card?apart from power supply issues i think a motherboard should have 1 PCI Express x16
slot to accomadate a PCI Express graphics card.am i right? please help me regading this issue.

Back