Budget 51-70k General Purpose lightweight laptop @ 13"

ahd

Adept
Hi,
A friend of mine needs a general purpose laptop which should be lightweight and at 13" I figured out it's better to go with the 5th Gen processors which are the latest ones and are extremely battery efficient. After sales service is the most important consideration. Anything which is closest to Apple in terms of after sales service. I've narrowed down the following laptops at their default config:
  1. HP ProBook 430 G2 Notebook PC - 61k (Official Price) - Intel Ci5 5th Gen, 4 GB RAM, 1TB 5400rpm HDD, 13.3 1366 x 768
  2. Dell Inspiron 13 7000 Series 2-in-1 Laptop - 65k(Official Price) - Intel Ci5 5th Gen, 8 GB RAM, 1TB 5400rpm HDD + 8GB Embedded Flash Cache, 13.3" FHD (1920 x 1080) (IPS)
  3. HP Pavilion 13-b202tu Notebook - 45k (Flipkart Price) - Intel Ci5 5th Gen, 4 GB RAM, 1TB 5400rpm HDD, Win 8 Professional 64 Bit ,13.3 1366 x 768
Which one should I go if we consider after sales service being the top most factor. Also, aren't there any other laptops in this range with 5th Gen CPU and a dedicated 128/256 GB SSD ?

Macbook Air. Killer battery. SSD thats blazing fast. If the screen is not an issue for buyer, go with it. It just kills everything else in the range.Some great offers on paytm starting at 53k after cashback.

@Party Monger I am a Macbook user myself, but this friend of mine does not want an Apple product even though the Macbook can dual-boot windows and can run Windows as good as any other Windows machine. So in that case what could be the option considering After Sales Service primarily and an SSD if possible?

That dell model u selected should have a good screen, it's FHD IPS. Dell has good ASS and you can replace to SSD without voiding warranty (IIRC, but check with Dell once)

@avi Yeah that Dell is definitely better.
But Dell is officially quoting a high price, so can it be sourced lower locally ? Also, I think Dell and HP are two of the most reliable brands in PC industry, but which one of them have a better after sales service in India ?

Back