Budget 21-30k General purpose rig for a friend (GIRL)

Charun

Skilled
Directly to the point -

1. Q: What is your budget?
    • <30K
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    No existing RIG
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    NOT APPLICABLE
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - INTEL only
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard

• GPU - NO GPU
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • No, the rig should suffice for atleast 4 years
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing
    • Video Chatting
    • Tally and ofiice work
    • Movie watching
  9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Corsair
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • NO GAMES AT ALL
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1. Desktop - 1440x900 - strictly 18" monitor
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 32 bit
    • XP 32BIT

NOTE - extra things needed are a good webcam,decent desktop speakers - budget as less as possible

@Charun Here's what you'd get-
Intel i5 3550-13.5k OR Intel i3 2120-6.5k
Intel DH77KC-7k OR Intel DH67BL-B3-5.6k
Corsair Value Ram 2X2GB-1.2k
Corasir CX430V2-2.2k OR Fsp SagaII 400W-1.7k
Dell IN2030M-6k[20" LED Monitor]
Zebronics Bijli-1.2k OR Nzxt Gamma-2.4k
Logitech MK200 Key+Mouse combo.
Iball Nirantar 620VA-2.5k
If you're not going to add external GPU then Here's another option-
AMD A8-3850-7.5k
ASUS F1A75-M-6.5k
Rest as above.
The AMD A8 HD6550 IGP beats Intel so if you're not adding any gpu then the APU will give better viewing experience graphic wise.It's your choice.
Hope this helps.:)

@Charun this is what I suggest --

Intel Pentium G620 ~3500/- OR Core i3 2120 ~6800/-
Intel DH67-BL ~5800/-
Corsair ValueRAM 2GB x1 1333MHz ~800/- [the 4GB module for same rated RAM is ~1300/-]
HP [boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~5000/- [OR buy a second-hand drive from the Member's Market]
Corsair CX v2430W ~2600/-
NZXT Gamma ~2600/-
DELL IN2030M ~6500/- [this is a 20' LED backlit widescreen monitor (16 :9 aspect)OR you can hunt down a widescreen 18.5' monitor yourself]
LOGITECH wireless starter kit ~1200/- OR LOGITECH K200 wired-combo ~700/-
APC BR600VA-IN ~1900/-
Altec Lansing BXR 1221 ~1000/- [OR any speakers of your choice]

For a webcam you can head here --> Webcams Price List India: Computer-accessories: Flipkart.com.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Intel i5 3550-13.5k OR Intel i3 2120-6.5k
Intel DH77KC-7k
Gskill RipjawsX 2X4GB 1600mhz-3.5k

Tejas, he does not require 8GB RAM to run the 32-bit edition of Windows, neither does he require a quad-core processor. He is not gaming.

Corsair Value Ram 2X2GB-1.2k
Fsp SagaII 400W-1.7k
Iball Nirantar 620VA-2.5k

The AMD A8 HD6550 IGP beats Intel so if you're not adding any gpu then the APU will give better viewing experience graphic wise.It's your choice.

4GB of RAM is still overkill and unusable in a 32-bit OS environment.

Have not seen the FSP Saga II in stock anywhere, is it available in Bombay?

Instead of investing in the iBall Nirantar, won't the APC650VA-IN be a better choice at ~2800/-? [I mean the after-sales of APC is the best, have seen it in live-action fast doesn't describe them adequately]

He is not gaming, the HD2000 is more than capable of decoding a 1080p video, later if he has problems he can add a entry-level card to keep things chugging. No need of the APU at-least that is how I see it.

Regards and no hard feelings, Peace!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Jakob and @ALPHA17 .

Is a UPS necessary ? i havent usd a ups till date :(

And dont need a good cabinet. any normal cabinet around 1k will do

Also need only 500gb HDD
@ALPHA17 - pentium processor ? are they new ? never heard :( - sorry i am out of this since a long time

Yes it'd be better if you get ups for backup of 10-15 min,Immediate shut down can give the components problems so it's better to be on the safe side.
Zebronics bijli-1.2k is within your budget with decent airflow.
If you want 500GB HDD then=
Segate arracuda 500GB 7200RPM-3.8k or WD Blue 500GB 7200RPM-4k is what you'd get.The WD HDD has 2 years warranty.
The Pentium processors are good but you'd get Intel i3 2120 or 2100-6.5k as it fits your budget and needs.Intel i3 would be a good choice for long run.
Hope this clears things.:)
Thanks Jakob and ALPHA17 .

Also need only 500gb HDD
ALPHA17 - pentium processor ? are they new ? never heard :( - sorry i am out of this since a long time

pentium processor ? are they new ? never heard :( - sorry i am out of this since a long time

Compare Intel® Products

Pentium is just to differentiate it from the Core i series. Its build in the same process as the Core i3 2nd generation and is pretty good.
It lacks hyper threading and doesn't support intel tech like Quick sync etc... But nothing that would be an issue given your friends needs. Its a pretty solid dual core processor and fast enough for your friends needs.

Thanks @Jakob and @ALPHA17 .

In that case switch cabinet to the run of the mill -- Cooler Master eLite 310 ~1500/- [get your moneys worth and have warranty on such components]

For a 500GB I suggest that you go for the Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~3800/- [I do not trust Western Digital drives].

The Pentium name was dropped by Intel in the wake of the success of the Core2 Duo line-up [Conroe, Wolfdale...] and was relegated to the entry-level processors and later on the release of Core i7 [Nehalem] processors was put on all entry-level Core 2Duo reserves stocks, e.g. Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5300 / E7200.

Now it still takes the lowest end desktop processors, the Pentium G series is based on the same Sandy-Bridge architecture as the other II[SUP]nd[/SUP] generation Core i products. It lacks a L3 cache but apart from that completely aces out the Athlon II line-up and goes toe-to-toe with early Phenom II quad-cores. So it is a powerful processor for your friend's needs.

Hope this answers your query, Cheerio!

thanks a lot @ALPHA17 , @Jakob , @DarkAngel , will forward this information to my friend, orobably ask a computer guy for his quotation as well as quotation for this setup

If this does not go well, will purchase parts myself and then ask a guy to assemble it, because last i assembled a pc was 2.5 years ago.

Anyone knows a cheap solution to help assemble all the parts ?

Back