Generic question about Music Mobiles.

sidz2bt

Disciple
Hi Guys,

I have a generic question about one thing. I have been a iPhone 3GS user from the last 3 years. Even though i've been happy with the in-built DAC, it was easy to hear its shortfalls when i connect it to my properly configured Z906's... I use my budget eh150's while on the move. I was in for a shocker when i heard the cans thru my friends HTC One X. The phone could hardly power my cans and the levels were so low that i could hear everything else happening in my cab over the cans.

Now my 3GS is nearing its end... Upgrading to 6.0 might be a mistake and apple has locked me out of any other option.. Its time for an upgrade. I want a Android phone with the best possible DAC. Software tweaks only are as helpful if you have a decent DAC. Which phone is capable of driving my cans properly? Which phone has the best music playback quality? I have a travel time of 2 hours and i dont want to use a filo or something attached to the phone as my cab gets quite stuffy.. :) Please advice.

Here is the requirement now...

1. Q: Budget?
A: 50k (lol) SQ is important..

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Bright screen IPS

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Anything with decent A.S.S

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android only. (Official or custom JB preferably)

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.WIFI

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Primary Music player.Calls, Games and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A:4 inch + .

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: None as of now.

ootb iphone 4s/5 has better sq than any android phone out there; but if you're still persistent on using an android phone then Note 2 has comparable sq.
It has an output impedance of around 3 ohms and uses Wolfson DAC.But to unleash its full potential you'd need to root it and use siyah's sound mod

ootb iphone 4s/5 has better sq than any android phone out there; but if you're still persistent on using an android phone then Note 2 has comparable sq.
It has an output impedance of around 3 ohms and uses Wolfson DAC.But to unleash its full potential you'd need to root it and use siyah's sound mod

Thank you Sujan for your reply. I am little inclined towards android this time cuz i want a open platform. I want to be able to download torrents directly to the phone. and now i have 3 computers and i want to get media from any source (Specially audio books). I read at engadget that 4S has a better quality DAC.

I will check out the Note 2 though. Thanks.

Back