Audio Generic USB-C to 3.5mm converters

Dude you get these locally for just 99 bucks. I have bought 3 in last 2 yrs for different phones.
Dude, I can get for 50 bucks locally...lol
The "genuine" Apple Usb-c Dac is pretty well reviewed and works great. The problem is that unlike the US version, the version sold here is power limited. So you end up with low volumes.

Dude you get these locally for just 99 bucks. I have bought 3 in last 2 yrs for different phones.
generic usb-c or lightening to 3.5mm don’t work well or at all with apple products. I’ve tested enough of them.

Probably not the same thing. These have an active USB codec and dac+amp integrated. The US version (a2049) measures really well, even when compared with 100usd dacs. The eu/in version (a2155) has a slightly lower power limit to appease eu regulators, but still performs really good.

generic usb-c or lightening to 3.5mm don’t work well or at all with apple products. I’ve tested enough of them.
Agreed, these generic ones are a hit or miss. Bought for 3 phones and two of them stopped working after one year so bought again same ones.
Volume is just a bit low but works good for calls and yt purpose.
The "genuine" Apple Usb-c Dac is pretty well reviewed and works great. The problem is that unlike the US version, the version sold here is power limited. So you end up with low volumes.
And in local trains for 30 bucks too.. but they work only until the seller is in the train lol! Once he gets down at a station then its all ram bharose..

Whoa! Even this has regulations in EU.

But why give us EU version. Why not usa version.
Only Sony use of to give us EU version of consoles because of Pal thing but even that is no longer an issue.
So why are we still tied up with EU.

Only Sony use of to give us EU version of consoles because of Pal thing but even that is no longer an issue.
Probably because Indian law/trade system more resembles EU(courtesy of UK origin) than US.

EU seems to be/or has the governingregulatory authority for everything hence the type-C unification and upcoming removable battery thing compliance..

EU seems to be/or has the governingregulatory authority for everything hence the type-C unification and upcoming removable battery thing compliance..
Or rather EU is the most proactive in regulations, from GDPR to browser selection to power limits and e-waste. Companies need to meet these regulations to meet if they are to sell to the 27 EU countries and by extension to EEA.

Indian regulation is always imitating the EU ones in such areas but as such the existing ones are nowhere close. Selling some of the items meant for EU in India is probably just a matter of logistics considering the manufacturing in Asia or East Europe.

Indian regulation is always imitating the EU ones in such areas but as such the existing ones are nowhere close. Selling some of the items meant for EU in India is probably just a matter of logistics considering the manufacturing in Asia.
Almost everything nowadays is manufactured in Asia so that can't be the reason. More likely, it is similar legislation to EU which in turn is based upon the fact that Indian law system/regulation itself is majorly based on UK system.

Almost everything nowadays is manufactured in Asia so that can't be the reason. More likely, it is similar legislation to EU which in turn is based upon the fact that Indian law system/regulation itself is majorly based on UK system.
UK is not even part of the EU for several years now. Even their plugs don't match with the Indian ones. US and Japan are the only ones using the 100-127 voltage standard, so their products are always set up differently to the rest of the world. However, in case of adapters, it has to be a sourcing thing or as Apple has shown repeatedly, they don't make any changes until regulations require them to do so and India has no elaborate regulations as the EU presently in the tech area.

UK is not even part of the EU for several years now. Even their plugs don't match with the Indian ones. US and Japan are the only ones using the 100-127 voltage standard, so their products are always set up differently to the rest of the world. However, in case of adapters, it has to be a sourcing thing or as Apple has shown repeatedly, they don't make any changes until regulations require them to do so and India has no elaborate regulations as the EU presently in the tech area.
Brexit happened in 2020 & it doesn't even matter whether UK is part of EU or not because legal/regulation system of entire Europe is pretty much same on a fundamental level(UK/France/Germany mainly). Tplink manufacture its entire product line in China & yet they sell mostly EU version of their routers here while US version is sold in US/Canada.

Back