Laptops Get a Laptop from US or India

paroxy

Disciple
Hi all,

Being itching to buy a laptop since the past 2 months.finally made up my mind on the basic config as

Core i5,3GB ram and above, HDD 320 and above(5400RPM is good / 7200 RPM if i get a good deal :p) and most important either a ATI 5650 with 1GB or a GT310(i think GT310 is usually 512MB dedicated)

after the countless recommendations here of Acer Aspire AS5740..i had to have it on my shortlist...as of now have it narrowed down to 3 options..still looking at others(so need your suggestion on other models here)

1.)Acer Aspire AS5740

2.)TOSHIBA Satellite A505-S6020

3)ASUS N61JV-X2(would love to get this one)

Both cost around 850$ average and average dollar rate of 47..it works out to 40K rounded off.

Any idea on the pricing on these models in India?? And mostly in Hyderabad.

Am I going to see a major difference in price?? And secondly do acer and Toshiba offer international warranty??

So guys basically need your inputs on whether to buy one in India or get it from US??

Thanks in Advance for your valuable suggestions.

If you get a model in India and US, then it is preferable to buy from India. Buying from US and shipping it to India becomes more expensive - at least 30% to 40% more than its $ value. If the same model is not available in India, then of course, you have to import it.

Also be aware that models available only in US, may not have been tested or tweaked for tropicalization i.e. suitability for Indian weather. All major vendors sale their items in India after tropicalizing it. Some times these vendors goof-up and consumers pay a price for it. This happened for some HP laptop models couple of years back. Motherboards of these models used to heat up unnecessarily and then conk out. Initially HP authorities and support personnel denied about this issue till some one filed before consumer court.

manoja2k said:
If you get a model in India and US, then it is preferable to buy from India. Buying from US and shipping it to India becomes more expensive - at least 30% to 40% more than its $ value. If the same model is not available in India, then of course, you have to import it.

Also be aware that models available only in US, may not have been tested or tweaked for tropicalization i.e. suitability for Indian weather. All major vendors sale their items in India after tropicalizing it. Some times these vendors goof-up and consumers pay a price for it. This happened for some HP laptop models couple of years back. Motherboards of these models used to heat up unnecessarily and then conk out. Initially HP authorities and support personnel denied about this issue till some one filed before consumer court.

I am the victim of HP mother board issue. I bought HP lappy in US and after one year...they motherboard fried...it was not repairable in India as spare parts were not available here...model was not launched in India...so my laptop is lying like that...I would strongly suggest to buy laptop in India...

Konquerror said:
I am the victim of HP mother board issue. I bought HP lappy in US and after one year...they motherboard fried...it was not repairable in India as spare parts were not available here...model was not launched in India...so my laptop is lying like that...I would strongly suggest to buy laptop in India...

Same happen with my frnd his hole display gone now its underwarrenty bt
no parts in india

If you go in for companies like Dell and if you can get a relative or somebody you know to bring it to you from the US you should go in for a US laptop . There is a very significant price difference between what you get here and what you get there .
But when buying from the US you should take into account other factors such as your warranty coverage (local or international) , service centres in India etc . For example inspite of Alienware's takeover by Dell most Indian Dell service centers still dont service Alienwares .

Back