Graphic Cards Get fanstop in Zotac Twin Edge 3060Ti Non-OC LHR

dvader

Adept
Hi,

Just throwing it out there...I was waiting for almost a year to flash an OC vBIOS to my Non-OC LHR 3060Ti just to get the Fanstop (Why they didn't do it in the first place is beyond me). All the OC vBIOSs from Techpowerup somehow were incompatible and caused artifacts and/or errors.

Note: As a side effect you convert your card to OC version :D

Only one unverified BIOS works without any issues, thanks to a techpowerup FM for finding it out (have been using it for a month with heavy gaming and professional use)

Original vBIOS:
ss-2023-12-07 10_45_36.png

New vBIOS:
ss-2023-12-07 10_46_27.png

You can't just flash any vBIOS willy-nilly. You got lucky that the card didn't brick.
vBIOS are designed as per board design of the card.

Always make sure when you're flashing the vendor and device id must match the original vBIOS.

You can't just flash any vBIOS willy-nilly. You got lucky that the card didn't brick.
vBIOS are designed as per board design of the card.

Always make sure when you're flashing the vendor and device id must match the original vBIOS.
Oh, I knew the risks and had already gotten artifacts, and device errors thrice. Also, have chip programmers just in case. Either way, the point is, that no one else has to go through the trouble again :)

Your card doesn't get detected in device manager anymore. You need to remove the BIOS chip and flash it through a BIOS programming device.
Absolutely correct.

What happens if a bios ****s up your card?
Can you flash the original on top of it via windows?
This is 90% of the cases, You will need a second GPU/iGPU to get into Windows and flash it if nvflash can still see the card. I don't recommend doing it unless you are ready to lose your card. For the rest of you folks however happy flashing.

Verified vBIOS are exception as they don't cause such issues. But seldom is there a need to flash a verified vBIOS unless you bricked your vBIOS in the first place and forgot to take a backup.

Somehow EVGA vBIOS were the best ones in that, I have on occasion flashed cross AIB and they never broke anything at least not enough to cause no video out. anyway RIP EVGA cards.

Last edited:
Somehow EVGA vBIOS were the best ones in that, I have on occasion flashed cross AIB and they never broke anything at least not enough to cause no video out. anyway RIP EVGA cards.
That is possible only if the board is a normal nvidia PCB design layout.
Sometimes manufacturers make custom boards with custom PCB layout, in that case cross flashing to a normal board or another custom board will result in a brick.

I have too flashed an EVGA BIOS earlier on a zotac card which didn't support fan stop mode. Lost LED controls obviously but everything else worked including fan stop. Both boards were normal nvidia PCB layout.

That is possible only if the board is a normal nvidia PCB design layout.
Sometimes manufacturers make custom boards with custom PCB layout, in that case cross flashing to a normal board or another custom board will result in a brick.

I have too flashed an EVGA BIOS earlier on a zotac card which didn't support fan stop mode. Lost LED controls obviously but everything else worked including fan stop. Both boards were normal nvidia PCB layout.
Yeah on point. It's sad that EVGA is no more with us. Best cards I ever used.

Back