Get Half Life 2 for 250 bux, legally

Wolfff

Adept
I was browsing through the sgwargames.net website (The same guys we got the TE-CSS server from) and came across a very interesting new program. Apparently sgwg has tied up with Valve to distribute something they call an online game card. What this basically does is that you buy the gamecard for sg $9 (~Rs. 250), the Email address that you register with will be used to create your steam account. And a password is Emailed to you. After that, you can choose any game from Valve's library of 17 games, and that game will be added to our Steam account.

There is a catch however, the validity of the game is 1 month. i.e. If you were to choose HL2, you could play it for one month, after which you will either have to recharge your account, or be unable to play the game again.

So, I guess it makes great sense for someone who has'nt played HL2 yet, to get the card and finish the game in a month. An added bonus is that all 3rd party mods will work.

Also makes great sense for someone to try out CS 1.6/CSS/DODS online gameplay for a month, see if they like it, and then choose to go ahead and spend the 1k or watever to buy it. And if they dont like it, well it was just 250 bux they spent instead of 1k.

P.S. I talked to the sgwg admin who we make payments to for the CSS Server, and he said that accepting paypal shouldnt be a prob. So now me ordering a gamecard, to play the old HL all over again :D

Back