Getting a PC built from scratch

shrjun

Disciple
1. Q: What is your budget?
A1. Around 40000- extendable.

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
A2. Got a rudimentary LCD (very old)

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
A3. None

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
A4. Everything

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
A5. Possibly fixed for the next 3 years.

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
A6. Secunderabad - Paradise Lane mostly.Any hyderabadis are welcome to give names of dealers here.Personally find Arun Computers very helpful(have bought my printer and external HDDs here)

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
A7. No

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
A8. 1. Minimal Gaming - however would like adequate power to try out the latest games.
2. Home office
3. HD Transcoding
4. HTPC ( all my music is lossless,have a nuforce udac + Audioengine A5 + AS8)

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
A9. None whatsoever

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
A10. Would like most new games to be played without stuttering.

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
A11. Fully HD,if possible

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
A12. No

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
A13. Windows 7 (not sure about 64bit vs 32 bit)/Ubuntu(dual boot) as I wish to dabble around in Linux a bit.

I would like to make it as futureproof as the budget will allow.If usb 3 is possible,would be nice.Please bear with me as I have practically no idea about hardware component model numbers.I have been reading through the forum on PC building and I know that the techies here(my younger bro's one!-although not very helpful:p)like hardware that is way out.I just want a fast home PC with components that gel well with each other.
I will not be building the PC myself ,so it would be helpful if guys in Hyd could advise me on a good assembler who will not take advantage of my lack of knowledge.
Thanx.

Processor Intel Core i5 2400 9500

Motherboard Asus P8H67 M LE (Sata3+USB3) 6100

RAM Corsair XMS3 1600MHz CL9 1x4GB 2200

HDD Seagate 7200.12 1TB 2750

GPU MSI HD5770 7750

Monitor BenQ G2220HD 7500

Cabinet NZXT Gamma 2100

PSU Corsair VX450 3500

Keyboard Logitech Combo 700

Mouse

ODD Samsung/Sony/LG 950

Speakers Altec Lansing VS2621 1500

Total 44550

Suggested Core i5 2400 which is great for gaming plus encoding videos... and it consumes way less power when it is in idle mode so its best for htpc too... :)

The motherboard that i've suggested has both Sata3+USB3...

The GPU that i've suggested can handle games at full HD wid medium settings... but if u can extend ur budget a bit more then buy MSI HD6850 ~ 10800

This rig wud last for atleast two yrs or more...

1.Is the BenQ monitor well regarded?Is there a dell in the same range?
2.I would not be requiring speakers as I already have the Audioengines .Could a good soundcard be suggested ( for music) which will go with the above config ?
3.I would also like a wireless keyboard.
4.Is a bluray drive too much to ask for:eek:hyeah:?

1. BenQ is the best monitor in 7 to 8k range... Dell 22inchers will cost u more than 8k

2. Asus Xonar DX ~ 4500

3. The Cheapest Logitech Wireless Combo will cost u some 1.2k... I dont know much about wireless combos so i cant suggest u one...

4. Yes ofcourse... :p If u have the money buy it... Including a BD Drive in the above suggested config wud surely overshoot the budget above 50k... :)

Back