Graphic Cards Getting back to gaming after a long long time: Frugal Graphics Card Suggestions?

My current system configuration:

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Pentium G620 @ 2.60GHz

RAM
4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H61M-D2H

Graphics
BenQ E2200HD (1280x720@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics Family (Gigabyte)

Which is kinda sucky, but I have to work with what I've got.

Anything between 2k to 3k. Max 4k (only if it's worth it).

The kind of games that I wish to play: Child of Light, GTA 5, Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, The Last Of Us, Battlefield 4, Arkham Asylum (which is kinda a lot to ask for)

Hello,

I advise you to get a used card (ATI Radeon 6790, 6770 or similar) for 4k~. You'll be able to play all those games comfortably with the exception of Battlefield 4 (It would hopefully be playable on low preset but I can't vouch for it) and "The Last Of Us" as it's a PS3 exclusive and is not available on PC.

BTW what's your PSU make and model?

Increase the budget two fold to get a real gaming card. Anyway, BF4 will run just fine with the above mentioned 2nd hand cards but they do need a decent PSU.

You must mean GTA IV, not V. GTA V is only available for consoles. So is "The Last of Us".

And with 4K budget, it won't be possible to run the games like GTA 4 or BF4 or Batman:AA or The last of Us.

Best bet for you would buy a second-hand ATI 7770. The card will be able to run the games which have mentioned with the config you have mentioned on low settings IMO.

Back