PC Peripherals Getting Dolby Atmos out of PC

no headphone can come closer to dedicated home theater with atmos
i have heard both,
atmos for headphones are like emulated audio
i would recommend an avr connected to pc and bitstream audio via hdmi for immersive atmos experience

Is this output from Chatgpt or something similar? I can't understand what's written here. Not normal human talk.
comment is noted, i have gone through the quality of your contributions, however , web site was not allowing me to post , later it got saved suddenly but in this condition, further I am unable to find the edit tab (it is missing for that particular post)

Last edited:
I have this HDMI 7.1 Audio Decoder
is there a way to re-encode height channels in real time in software and push that as 7.1 lpcm, with height channels mapped to Side R&L?
the decoder just divides up the channels from HDMI if I understand correctly, so encoding the audio realtime in a way that the height sounds are remapped to the side surround channel in the lpcm output.
the decoder thinks it;s 7.1 source, but actually the speakers are height mounted, and sound is also correctly encoded to height
would this be possible? or am I being stupid?

I have a 5.1.2 Setup but unfortunately my AVR don't support Dolby Atmos but only DD+ or TrueHD. I also look for some route to decode DDAtmos in PC and feed them analog to my AVR, but no luck and also limited skill regarding PC-AVR stuff!
I want to make a AVR free home theatre setup. Because AVR's bought for big chuck of fortune don't even last full ten years.

Back