Getting just as good jobs after College placements

rockinruler

Disciple
Hey,

I was wondering if it's possible to apply for and get the kind of jobs that are offered to final year students of various courses, but off-campus.

The thing is a couple of really awesome companies visited my college this year but I barely had the time to prepare for their interviews because of personal problems and now they're gone. For both of them I had still somehow managed to crack the aptitude test and advance a couple of interview rounds ahead to be amongst the final 5-7 candidates they'd pick from, but couldn't get through.

I'm very confident had I prepared for a few days for them I could make it.

So I was just wondering if I can, by any chance, apply to these companies for the same kind of positions they were looking to fill in when they visited my college?

Most offcampus placements/job fairs for freshers seem to be by the companies that take people in bulk which isn't the case with the companies offering bigger salaries. So your best bet would be to get placed and then jump companies based on your specific expertise 1-2 years down the line. I'm not an IT guy but that seems to be my impression of the recruitments.

Engineering.

And I'm not talking about companies like Accenture/TCS/Infosys. I said 'awesome' :p

No offence to anyone who works there, but it's just that companies like these come and pick hundreds of students. So it's difficult to value them.

Btw the companies I was talking about are Morgan Stanley and Directi

PS: I'm not sure if I could have made it all the way in Directi's case. But I do think so for Morgan stanley

^ Exactly...

Being one of the thousands employees they pick to work at around 3.xxLPA doesn't sound so grand to me.

They literally hired everyone who cleared the aptitude test from my college.

It is possible to get into those companies off campus, but it is going to be tough unless you can use your placement manager's influence to get them to interview you. That said, the chances of getting the same pay package are diminished drastically, since you are picked 'off the street'.

Back