Getting very dark photos with panasonic LZ10

medpal

Resident Medic
Skilled
On so many recommendations from forums and on my suggestions my sister purchased the hot P and S panasonic LZ10.

Yesterday she called me and told the photos are really dark, and they dont feel taking photos any more.

I have advised them to change modes to Auto / Portrait / P mode also advised them to use exposure bracketing.

But still she and her husband are not satisfied.

As i have not seen the camera in person in operation cant help much but to seek opinion here?

All the members have this Panasonic LZ10 camera, can you corelate this?

Or my sister is missing something?

Is there any firmware update?

Ask them to try program mode first. If they're shooting in Manual mode, they have probably set the shutter speed too high. Another issue could be that the ISO is set too low (that shouldn't really matter for daylight/outdoor shots though).

Possibly she is in manual mode..

also, she might be taking photos in too low light without the flash..

if taking photos indoor ask her to switch on the flash..

plz try ur sister to go through the user guide basic photo guides or let her try to advise on using LZ10 basic functions so that she can use it nicely.Many new digicam users requires the same, else they are a photo geek! Dont worry soon your sister will become a good photographer !! ALL THE BEST .

Ask her whether the pics are coming dark on the camera lcd too? Or just when she transfers them to the comp. If its only the latter, its possible that the screen contrast/brightness is set very low. I know its really stupid but something that is quite possible! Happened with me :eek:hyeah:
Otherwise the suggestions above should sort out the problem:)

1. they are not in manual mode.

2. they had sony camera before this and it went caput so they are not noob.

3. the photos were taken with flash on.

4. the skin tone of the people in photos appears 3/4 tones darker than what it should be.

will tell them to check ISO / Shutter speed / Exposure compensation / computer monitor settings and revert.

thanks for the suggestions.
keep them coming.

Try using an exposure compensation of +0.7 or +1 EV and see if that helps.

I am unsure why they are getting dark photos when using Auto mode. Perhaps there really is some defect in the camera.

if its in auto then it shudnt be problem

if its in manual mode then i believe its abt shutter speed, exposure and iso.

BF1983 said:
Try using an exposure compensation of +0.7 or +1 EV and see if that helps.

I am unsure why they are getting dark photos when using Auto mode. Perhaps there really is some defect in the camera.

IMO, if increasing exposure does help then there's surely defect in camera. Because that much exposure would be imba.

^^ Its possible the camera metering is being fooled by some bright light in the room or something and hence it is underexposing.

Back