Graphic Cards GFX Deals in Bangalore? MSI 6850 Cyclone O/C

paradox

Disciple
Hullo,

Hope I'm posting in the right section :) I'm looking for a good upgrade to my Radeon 4850, and have kind of zeroed in on the 6850 + MSI + O/C edition (hopefully). Could anyone help me with the best place to get it at in Bangalore ? (nothing as broad as 'SP Road' hopefully :) )
I checked with a guy local (Koramangala) and got quoted 8,600/- for a non O/C cyclone edition (is that any good?)

and to throw in another question, will my Corsair 450W (80+ and all that) carry the 6850 ?

some points
- not interested in waiting for the 'next card'
- have a budget that won't stretch beyond 9k :)

many thanks to those that give this their attention and me their advice :)

-paradox

^^ Look do not hunt in places like Koramangala for components like graphics cards. Next what SMPS do you have a Corsair VX 450W, I presume, as no other Corsair 450W rated SMPS has been released.

Go to shops in S.P. Road and browse from a catalog of MSi Cyclone cards / Sapphire Vapor-X edition cards, buy the better price-performance pick -- personal pick go for the MSi Cyclone edition if you want to over-clock the card, if no stick to the Sapphire Vapor-X edition of the same card.

The latest pricing for these cards is around ~ 9500/- [because of $ value appreciation vs. INR and features like a better cooler and shroud design vs. standard layout], if this makes you buy a standard AMD card, grab any card from Sapphire line-up and forgo other brands like MSi / XFX.

And do not worry the VX 450 will take the card on without a hiccup.

Hope this helps, Sire. Cheers!!

@thegatekeeper and ALPHA17: Thank you for your replies :) and restoring my confidence in my Corsair (yes, it's a VX450)

As for hunting, that's why I'm picking brains on TE ^^ asking the street price wherever I am to get bearings doesn't hurt :p
So I got quoted 8,600 for an MSI Cyclone edition (vs. the avg. 9,500 that ALPHA17 quoted). Is that a good price ?

I know SP Road's a good place, but like I said on the original post, was hoping for someone to name a favourite shop so I could place crosshairs firmly on it :D

-paradox

^^ Go to Jainex Computers, Aashirwaad Computers and Golccha IT Trade, the ultimate shops on S.P. for the best range of products. Hope this helps.

ALPHA17 said:
^^ Go to Jainex Computers, Aashirwaad Computers and Golccha IT Trade, the ultimate shops on S.P. for the best range of products. Hope this helps.
Thanks ALPHA17 ! that is helpful :)

-paradox

ALPHA17 said:
Golccha IT Trade, the ultimate shops on S.P. for the best range of products.

What alpha dude did you take up Golcha's marketing wing...;).. Golccha is good but sometimes more expensive than others... no barganing and a really rude fellow many times.... check few shops in SP before going to golcha

Golcha used to give the best rates earlier not anymore. In my experience Jainex gives the best rates. Aashirwad and ankit infotech can give you better rates if you know 'em personally.

Hullo everyone, just an update and this thread can RIP :D I picked up my MSI Cyclone Radeon 6850 O/C edition for 9.1k :) my Corsair 450VX handles it like a breeze ^^

truth be told (and this was my assessment/choice of upgrade), the 6850 O/C is an 'ok' upgrade over the Sapphire 4850HD I was running earlier (budgets are budgets :p).

My OS of choice so far has been Win7/32-bit. I'm planning to up that to Win7/64-bit and see if the access to a little extra system RAM makes a bigger difference.

Many thanks to those whose advice helped !

-paradox

Msi 6850 oc-9.1k,you got awesome deal,you will be satisfied with it enjoy gaming!:)
paradox said:
Hullo everyone, just an update and this thread can RIP :D I picked up my MSI Cyclone Radeon 6850 O/C edition for 9.1k :) my Corsair 450VX handles it like a breeze ^^

truth be told (and this was my assessment/choice of upgrade), the 6850 O/C is an 'ok' upgrade over the Sapphire 4850HD I was running earlier (budgets are budgets :p).

My OS of choice so far has been Win7/32-bit. I'm planning to up that to Win7/64-bit and see if the access to a little extra system RAM makes a bigger difference.

Many thanks to those whose advice helped !

-paradox

paradox said:
Hullo everyone, just an update and this thread can RIP :D I picked up my MSI Cyclone Radeon 6850 O/C edition for 9.1k :)

-paradox

Excellent purchase for the price. When you said you were quoted 8.6 I thought it would not be inc of VAT. So that's 9.1k with tax and a good deal.

What I'd like to know is where you got it from. It would be great if you could also leave me a PM. Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

@thegatekeeper: thanks! ^^ it's doing a decent job on Deus Ex: HR, but honestly, I'm getting about the same performance on CoD: Black Ops and Crysis 2, which makes me go >.< But I'll be tweaking about a bit (weekdays aren't the healthiest tweaktimes), upping to 64-bit Win7 and then calling it

@krashnburn: will fish out the receipt (all cast aside in the 'cyclone' of unpacking :p) and drop you a PM with their number, and this wasn't from SP Road :)

Recently i got MSI 6850 from Aashiwaad(s p road) for 9k. It is doing great job. I am running win7 64bit. I am running COD in full settings without any issue. Only noticed some shuttering in GOW full setttings.

Back