Adept
this is my pc configuration.
mobo - asus a8v vm
socket 939
procy - athlon 64 3500+ 2.2 ghz
gfx - integrated 128 mb
ram - 512 mb
local brand 450 watt psu
resolution- 1024x768 which gfx card can i run on this setup.
my budget is max 2.5 k.
i am thinking to play only old games with decent graphics.
i will be buying from ctc hyderabad.
it is for temporary purpose as i will be upgrading my rig next year.
with my present setup i am able to play pop upto 2 thrones,stalker shadow me chronboyl,halo ce,gta sa and others.
i know its a hard one to answer but please help me

can anyone please answer this i dont know which gfx is supported by my setup.
is hd 4650 good to go or any other old card works no it.
also the ran which i am using is ddr1 400 mhz .

^Thanks for replying.

But i think that card is just for low level gfx apps and i dont think it can handle games nicely .can i go for a powerful card like 8800gt or Hd4650 cards.

Is it possible.

afaik, 4650 is good choice and it wont be bottlenecked by cpu.. not atleast in fps games... however if u are into rts... then the cpu would be the bottleneck... just dont forget to overclock that cpu of urs :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

and yes u need to add atleast one more gb of ram...

If hd 3850 is available then is it go to for it instead of 9600gt.
Also does my mobo support other pcie cards or only agp cards.

Your mobo supports pci e

however for anything higher than 8500 gt u will need a dedicated smps, bundle one would spoil it

in 2.5k better try for 8600 gt 256 mb

can anyone clear my doubt whether my mobo supports pcie or only agp. also i have heard that many people are facing problem to run gfx like 8800 gt or 9600 gt as they are pcie 2.0.
so what do you people say, will i face any problem in using those gfx cards on my mobo.
can my power supply handle them.

Is this your Motherboard if Yes then your motherboard has one PCI Express x16 slot, which can accommodate PCI-E based graphics card go to Asus support web page and download your motherboard manual for Graphic card support list ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

Please note your generic cheap Power Supply is not capable of handling power demanding Graphic Cards such as 9600GT/8800GT etc. You should look for 4670, you need to increase your budget at lest Rs. 300

Verify your motherboard http://reviews.cnet.com/motherboards/asus-a8v-vm-motherboard/1707-3049_7-32071665.html

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Image...M SE 939 VIA K8M890 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131069

Download Everest Ultimate or Corporate Edition Install and Run, Click on Motherboard check Motherboard Physical Info ----> Expansion Slots if you see PCI-E x16 then you have PCI-E slot.

thanks for your answers.they were very helpful and cleared my doubts.
and yes that is my motherboard.
i am getting hd 4650 finally.
my last question is what is the performance difference between 512 and 1 gb variant of hd 4650.

Nishu said:
thanks for your answers.they were very helpful and cleared my doubts.

and yes that is my motherboard.

i am getting hd 4650 finally.

my last question is what is the performance difference between 512 and 1 gb variant of hd 4650.
This is a low end GPU with just 320 shaders and 128-bit bus. It will run out of graphics muscle before it runs out of VRAM. 512MB would suffice and there would hardly be any performance diff. between a 512MB and 1GB version.

if you have a budget of 25oo inr and if you do not mind using old graphic card then take mine i have 8400 gs purchased it 10 month ago i will be giving this for 1200 inr with bill.

ravipawar21 said:
if you have a budget of 25oo inr and if you do not mind using old graphic card then take mine i have 8400 gs purchased it 10 month ago i will be giving this for 1200 inr with bill.
If you are interested used graphic card then you can post WTB thread in Members Market Section. I suggest used 1.5 to 2 years old 512 MB DDR3, ATI HD 4670 for Rs. 2800 aprox. Be sure it has some warranty left. Otherwise go for 9500GT DDR3 512MB atleast. Check here graphic cards specification. and Tomshardware

Back