Budget 0-20k GFX purchase help!

Axavar

Recruit
This is my first post in this forum so sorry if I am not following any guidelines

I have been wanting to make a pc build for 5 years now, I have a job with very good income now so I feel the urge to just splurge and get it over with, the problem is since 1 year, I have lost all hope of getting the RTX 3080 for a good price.

Primary use case for me would be eSport titles and warzone running at 1440p 144hz at all times, I am not an upgrade man either so I just want to buy stuff which I can run well over 5 years without touching. Problem is, I am losing patience with GPU market rn, even if I hold myself off for a few more months, Nvidia predicts the prices wont come back to normal till End of '22 due to demand.

I am not going to pay above the actual retail price for any card, does not sit well with me and I am not that hungry to make a PC that I would pay double the cost. I will rather wait for RTX 3080 to come down to normal.

I can compromise on getting a used GTX 1060 3GB/6GB Card to cover up the wait (might just extend till Q1 23' and get a 40 series) .. Which cards should I keep an eye for assuming a budget >20k?

• Again I want to reiterate I play 70% esports. i.e: LoL, DotA 2, CS:GO, Valorant, WoW and I will compromise on 1080p warzone low-medium 70+ fps (Yes, 1060 3gb runs it at these frames I have seen the benchmarks).
  • I do have a PS4 slim for AAA so again I am not hampered all that much.
Any advice is appreciated !

gtx 1070 ot 1070Ti is a better choice for 1440p 144Hz if u combine it with 5600x or i5-11600k or i7-11700K :) and you can get it for a price of 30K and at the time of upgrade to 3080 resell 1070. Hope that helps.

This is my first post in this forum so sorry if I am not following any guidelines

I have been wanting to make a pc build for 5 years now, I have a job with very good income now so I feel the urge to just splurge and get it over with, the problem is since 1 year, I have lost all hope of getting the RTX 3080 for a good price.

Primary use case for me would be eSport titles and warzone running at 1440p 144hz at all times, I am not an upgrade man either so I just want to buy stuff which I can run well over 5 years without touching. Problem is, I am losing patience with GPU market rn, even if I hold myself off for a few more months, Nvidia predicts the prices wont come back to normal till End of '22 due to demand.

I am not going to pay above the actual retail price for any card, does not sit well with me and I am not that hungry to make a PC that I would pay double the cost. I will rather wait for RTX 3080 to come down to normal.

I can compromise on getting a used GTX 1060 3GB/6GB Card to cover up the wait (might just extend till Q1 23' and get a 40 series) .. Which cards should I keep an eye for assuming a budget >20k?

• Again I want to reiterate I play 70% esports. i.e: LoL, DotA 2, CS:GO, Valorant, WoW and I will compromise on 1080p warzone low-medium 70+ fps (Yes, 1060 3gb runs it at these frames I have seen the benchmarks).
Why not grab a used 2080 or new 3060ti. 3060ti as well will suffice for the games you play.
I wouldn't suggest 2 gen old card 10xx series in this year unless absolute necessity.

Nobody wants to pay above msrp not even miners but miners wont mind as they churn and earn and cover the losses. Prices are again on the increasing side so you mentioned yo earn really well so now is the time to nail it down and let go those few 10-12ks if you can afford rather than having this gap doubled later like earlier..

If your primary use is esport at 2k 144hz a 3080 is surely overkill.
For pure eSports for example even a i5 10400 will do paired with a GTX1060 or above card.
You will get more then 144 fps and a more practical build for your usage.

https://howmanyfps.com/valorant

It's always tempting to buy more BHP in bikes and higher processing in CPU then needed :)

Also currently even the mid range cards are hugely over priced so if you have a PS4 and are in no hurry I would still wait a bit for the card prices to drop.

gtx 1070 ot 1070Ti is a better choice for 1440p 144Hz if u combine it with 5600x or i5-11600k or i7-11700K :) and you can get it for a price of 30K and at the time of upgrade to 3080 resell 1070. Hope that helps.
I do plan to pair whatever gpu with 5600x, but it's really hard to find a good deal in the used market!
If your primary use is esport at 2k 144hz a 3080 is surely overkill.
For pure eSports for example even a i5 10400 will do paired with a GTX1060 or above card.
You will get more then 144 fps and a more practical build for your usage.

https://howmanyfps.com/valorant

It's always tempting to buy more BHP in bikes and higher processing in CPU then needed :)

Also currently even the mid range cards are hugely over priced so if you have a PS4 and are in no hurry I would still wait a bit for the card prices to drop.
I plan to pair it with a 5600x, esport titles are very cpu dependent, what would you say would be a good deal for a 1060 3gb card right now?

I do plan to pair whatever gpu with 5600x, but it's really hard to find a good deal in the used market!
One suggestion I will give is buy your dream gpu, Mine with it in free time and recover the extra you have paid. waiting will not be fruitful as prices will keep rising and due to chip shortage, the possibility for a 4000 series card under MSRP seems a dream. also even if the ether mining stops in december, raven and ergo are the next destination for the miners with gpu.

One suggestion I will give is buy your dream gpu, Mine with it in free time and recover the extra you have paid. waiting will not be fruitful as prices will keep rising and due to chip shortage, the possibility for a 4000 series card under MSRP seems a dream. also even if the ether mining stops in december, raven and ergo are the next destination for the miners with gpu.
I thought about this as well! What will be a good price for a RTX 3080 ?

I thought about this as well! What will be a good price for a RTX 3080 ?
for higher end model with was 1.20L to 1.25L. lower end models where 1.06L plus. this was last week. consider +-5k. if I am not wrong. for a hashrate 3080 gives 49.5 MH/s and at 68% - 70% will be 64 MH/s. normally this cards where sold for 75K to 90K based on model. The price jump is of 45k to 60k and if you mine for around 5 months or so, you will recover it or can consider it as an investment and hold on the currency to earn profit. 3080Ti was a good buy too but now its costing around 1.5L to 1.9L based on model. 1.6L is a safe bet. with will give 64 MH/s for normal and for 68-70 % around 80 MH/s.

Last edited:
1060 3gb card right now?
Better go with the 6gb version, it'll be more future proof. Or if you are willing to go AMD, try RX580 4gb or 8gb. Rx 580 was going for around 9-10k used, preshortage days. It is a beast for 1080p. But if 1440p is a must then lookout for deals on a used rtx 2060.

So I had a similar demand when I started building my PC a few months ago. Used to play CSGO at 50 fps on an old laptop (840M). I first went for an APU(3400g) since GPUs were nowhere to be found. Finally found a used 1060 (3GB) for 13k. I bought it even though it had no warranty. Yes - under normal circumstances, it would be stupid to pay these pric es for this card, but this is anything but normal so I went ahead.

I get about 180-200 fps on Valo maxed out, 250 fps on CSGO in low-med settings. I use a 144hz monitor so it's a major upgrade coming from the 840M. If you pair it up with a nice single core performance CPU, you should be golden here.

Keep an eye out of 1060 (3/6) or even a 980 within 15-17K. Doesn't make sense paying more than that for these cards. This should help your use case for the next 2 years or so with these titles you play. Warzone - not so sure how it'll hold up?

Back