CPU/Mobo Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H not available anymore!

The Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H motherboard is not available anywhere anymore. So please stop suggesting it.

The only good alternative is MSI 880GMA-E45 @ 5K.
Asus M4A87TD USB3 @ 5.6K is a decent ATX board too, though it lacks onboard IGP.

Availability of some more boards:
880GMA UD2H: NA
880GM UD2H: Available
880GA UD3H: Available limited quantities
890GPA UD3H: NA
890FXA UD5: NA
890FXA UD7: NA
(Thanks to @The Sorcerer)

Requesting mods to stick this thread on top for a while.. Thanks. :)

That's outdated info.

880GA UD3H is not available in many places, but you are getting a 880GM UD2H and USB3 version of the board (still with 880G+ SB710: 880GM USB3 Rev 1.x). Maybe FXA UD5 is out of stock but not sure. Prime said that they managed to sell 3x 890FXA UD7 :)S) in the past 4-5 months. Before being tempted for UD7, note that its XL-ATX layout. Even the a70f can't house it.

In any case, its best if you call the store and confirm the availability rather than judging availability based on the product listing on usually recommended online stores. Most of them don't really update their website, some weekly and handful on a monthly basis. Also, take a look at the Layout before grabbing the board.

Also if anyone is having some weird boot slowdown issue on 880GM UD2H Rev 1.3, just disable HPET on bios.

bigbyte said:
Another good alternative to Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H is Asus M488TD-EVO/USB3.
ASUS thanks to Rashi peripherals being their handler here in India have a bad A.S.S. record, so most TE members do not advise ASUS until the case is like ASUS OR MSI in which it is left to the respective owner which evil he wants to go for bad A.S.S. OR bad build quality.

Haven't had a chance to vouch for it (I own a M4A785TD-V EVO) as well my friend who is facing problem with his M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (the NEC controller chip for USB 3.0 is physically absent from the board-socket), is having to convince a Rashi Peripheral call-center rep about this on phone and no mention of this service in Bangalore itself, so ASUS still is like :ashamed: in this department.

XTechManiac said:
The only good alternative is MSI 880GMA-E45 @ 5K.

I wouldn't call the MSI 880GMA-E45 a good alternative.

Its not ATX and the VRM stage appears puny compared to the 880GMA-UD2H.

Personally, I would rather take the 880GM-UD2H. Although it has the older SB710 without USB 3.0 or SATA 6Gbps.

Well, the main point of creating this was thread was to stop the suggestion for Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H board flowing in when someone ask for recommendation.

Every member's requirements varies, so we cannot pick up a specific board as an alternative. Member seeking for help/recommendation will always create a thread addressing their issue.

This thread goes for members who suggests configuration for other people like me and many out there. :)

Thanks for sharing, looks like we'll have to find another 5k board for now atleast untill the AM3+ boards start showing up ....

Most AM3 Gigabyte boards are in scarcity here in India...:p... 880GA-UD3H is a superb board but out of stock in most places... Even SMC doesn't have this board anymore...

bigbyte said:
And just noticed that even in this board usb3 chip is absent. USB3 interface is provided through a PCI express based USB3 card, bundled with motherboard.

^^

If you are referring to my predicament, then I just say that the model number of my friends board is the M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 which comes with the NEC chip on itself (no PCI card), here are images proving this --
board.jpg
-- the chip just below the Audio ports and above the VIA and RealTek audio chip is absent.

No actually I thought that the board will have 2usb3 ports, later realized that these two have been provided through add on cards. My mistake, should have downloaded the product manual and read it before buying.

bigbyte said:
ASUS M4A88TD-M EVO/USB3 ? http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=GieCoWs1Eigeef6i&templete=2
ALPHA17 said:
ASUS thanks to Rashi peripherals being their handler here in India have a bad A.S.S. record, so most TE members do not advise ASUS until the case is like ASUS OR MSI in which it is left to the respective owner which evil he wants to go for bad A.S.S. OR bad build quality.
ALPHA17 said:
Haven't had a chance to vouch for it (I own a M4A785TD-V EVO) as well my friend who is facing problem with his M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (the NEC controller chip for USB 3.0 is physically absent from the board-socket), is having to convince a Rashi Peripheral call-center rep about this on phone and no mention of this service in Bangalore itself, so ASUS still is like :ashamed: in this department.
Toll Free No. : 1800-2090-365
ASUS Component Service Survey > Index

Just as a "good to know" info. If 890GPA UD3H is again available, make sure its Rev 3.1!

Rev 3.1 supports AM3+ natively (black coloured AMD socket) and upto 2000MHz memory on OC, against 1866Mhz on older Rev. It also comes with Hybrid EFI support, therefore giving you 2TB+ support as well.

Back