CPU/Mobo Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H price?

lostprophets said:
yep, u got ripped off badly. for 700 more u coulda buoght asus M4A785TD-V EVO.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

# AM3 socket (ddr3 support)
# 128MB SidePort Memory
# crossfire support
# Full ATX
# Asus unleashing mode ready bios with great OC ability

I chose GA-MA785GM-US2H because I had 2x2gb DDRII sticks with me. moreover he quoted 7500 for asus board and 2650 for 2GB DDR3. any idea what should be the GA-MA785GM-US2H price.

kaggarwal said:
2650 for 2GB DDR3
really? i paid 8k for 4gb corsair kit. i guess we are both got ripped off :p damn those sc*mb@g dealers

according to itwares the gigabyte board costs 5600 which is bit steep considering it sells at newegg for 80$

guys any idea of correct price of Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H in nehru place. As I have to buy more items from smc next week, I can negotiate with him better if i know the price of the board.

Always take quote from Computer Empire and Cost To Cost:

Kingston DDR2 800 Mhz CL5 3yr Warranty price on 10-Oct-2009

Computer Empire: Rs. 1825

Cost to Cost: Rs. 1840

SMC Computers: Rs. 1950

Biostar A785GE + Athlon II X2 250

Computer Empire: Rs. 6475

Cost to Cost: Rs. Not Available

SMC Computers: Rs. 6550

There is difference in prices of Mumbai and Delhi; Mumbai is Cheaper!!

kaggarwal said:
yesterday i bought Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H from smc for Rs. 6000. is it good price or i am ripped?

Today i enquired from ground floor shop of the SMC itself, the price of mobo is 5100/-. It means SMC First floor shop has ripped me badly. So much difference in the pricing of two shops.

kaggarwal said:
I chose GA-MA785GM-US2H because I had 2x2gb DDRII sticks with me. moreover he quoted 7500 for asus board and 2650 for 2GB DDR3. any idea what should be the GA-MA785GM-US2H price.

ASUS 785G EVO sells for less than Rs. 7000 at lynx-india...and I bought it from there just two weeks ago..it's a perfect mobo..

kaggarwal said:
Today i enquired from ground floor shop of the SMC itself, the price of mobo is 5100/-. It means SMC First floor shop has ripped me badly. So much difference in the pricing of two shops.

Even earlier i used to to the first floor @ SMC but they always quoted absurd prices....

So now a days i go directly to the ground floor shop and price is much lower / actual rate ....

Best practice is to go to Cost2Cost or Computer Empire to get pricing and then go to SMC to buy the stuffs

i think u all got ripped off
i bought GA-MA785GM-US2H in Mumbai lamington in the last week of OCT-09.
i have a bad habit of going around to 5-6 stores and getting the price.
well evidently all the stores in lamington buy their gigabyte mobo stuff from a singel wholesaler because at the last store the when the salesman called up the Gigabyte guy he got so irritated that he told the salesman to give the phone to me and asked what price would i be willing to pay. till then i had gotten the rate from 5 diffrent stores as Rs.5500 to Rs.5100/-.
i negotiated a bit and got the mobo for 4650 rs. thats pretty close to 88$ from newegg. 12$ for the shipping /import costs for india. ;-)

hope to buy Phenom II X2 550 BE soon.

Are you sure .I bought it for 4600 from SMC about 10 Days back. He initially quoted 4900 for that,another similar MSI ATX Board was availble for similar price.I also bought Phenom II x2 550 for 5300 and ddr2 2gb Kingston and 500gb Seagate for 2100 and 2400 respectively after hefty bargaining

Back