CPU/Mobo Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H price??

between 4.5 - 5K..

if you are looking for 780G based mobo, i'd suggest

ASUS M3A78 - EM @ 5K.

It supports 140W TDP proccy with good heat sink, that Gigabyte Northbrige tend to run hot..:)

4600 @ SMC... after a bit of haggling :p

one of the best 780G boards by far... m using one right now... amazing performance.... especially if you want a HTPC or a casual gaming rig...

agefreak said:
4600 @ SMC... after a bit of haggling :p

one of the best 780G boards by far... m using one right now... amazing performance.... especially if you want a HTPC or a casual gaming rig...

but doesnt support higher TDP rated phenoms :(

muzux2 said:
between 4.5 - 5K..

if you are looking for 780G based mobo, i'd suggest

ASUS M3A78 - EM @ 5K.

It supports 140W TDP proccy with good heat sink, that Gigabyte Northbrige tend to run hot..:)

Thanx 4 this sugg. This will help me a lot in buying a new MoBo.

how frequent is the heating issue... i was looking at this board and thinking for a next revision to solve the issue.. i saw else where also people complaining about it...

i tend to use my comp for 8-14 hrs a day...

g1-m178gm-s2h already has a revision out since few months with a bigger NB heat sink . Last time i checked, this board has better oc options compared to ASUS 780g boards .

Does it decode Dolby digital and DTS audio and i presume i wont need an additional sound card.And does it have an optical out for my av receiver.

Thanks

^ 780g chipset based motherboards have HD3200 graphics onboard, perhaps one of best integrated igp's in this price range :) . It can play most current games effortlessly at lower settings .

Back