Hi

I recently bought a new rig..
this is my config

i5-750
gigabyte h55-usb3
transcend 2x2gb ddr3 1333mhz SINGLE channel ram
msi radeon 5770 hawk
500w VIP gold PSU

i am facing some problems with the turbo boos tech.. i guess its something to do with my bios settings..
the core is supposed to be at 2.6Ghz stock and when the turbo kicks in its supposed to hit 3.2Ghz..
but in cpu-Z i always see my core at 2.8Ghz.. ALWAYS..!!!!! :mad:

and one more thing i am not able to overclock my processor.. the system doesn boot with any setting ore than 2.8Ghz..
i5-750 is supposed to be a monster in OC..
my guess its due to the single channel ram.. not sure tho..!

help me out with this guys..
thanks.

First off, buy a better power supply! That L&C OEM will not last you forever!

Second, how did you conclude that the RAM sticks are single channel? Although those sticks are entry level DDR3 ones, they should let you push some clocks on the processor, although not by a huge margin. Try Google for a change - I'm sure there are umpteen guides put up on the WWW. ;)

Atleast get a corsair vx450 its costs around 3.5k.buying a good psu is one of the most important things to keep in mind . Atleast you know your expensive hard ware is safe.

@Desecrator

when i tried inserting the ram in dual channel mode the comp didn boot at all.. so when i tried both in the single channel they worked fine...

and yes i will soon change my psu.. thanks:)

karthik.011 said:
@Desecrator

when i tried inserting the ram in dual channel mode the comp didn boot at all.. so when i tried both in the single channel they worked fine...

and yes i will soon change my psu.. thanks:)

Which slots did you use for dual channel? Try using the white slots.

That memory is dual channel. See this qualified vendor list. It states your modules are dual channel. If you were able to get them to run on the white slots, alternate, then you have dual channel running. Try to reset the BIOS once, and see if the turbo kicks in.

Set your RAM at 1066mhz and then go further up from there, when you reach a stable overclock work on timings to reach optimal values

Back