CPU/Mobo Gigabyte UD9 & asus xonar compatibility??

raju.03kumar

Disciple
As the title says

Need to know the compatibility of the asus xonar hdav 1.3 which is a pci-ex 1x. but the board does not have a pci-ex 1x slot....

from some googling around and wikipedia, found out that it should work on a 16x slot perfectly. but want confirmation from fellow members who have tried this before....

Because of this issue i had comeback to ud7 as my choice.. please some1 clarify.. and wat is the price of the ud9 exactly???

raju.03kumar said:
As the title says

Need to know the compatibility of the asus xonar hdav 1.3 which is a pci-ex 1x. but the board does not have a pci-ex 1x slot....

from some googling around and wikipedia, found out that it should work on a 16x slot perfectly. but want confirmation from fellow members who have tried this before....

Because of this issue i had comeback to ud7 as my choice.. please some1 clarify.. and wat is the price of the ud9 exactly???

Price is somewhere around the 700USD mark IINM. It isn't launched in India as yet.

The card can be accommodated in one of the Pci-Ex 16x slots. I have tried a DX on my previous board on the 16x slot - worked without issues.

I use my PCI-E x1 Auzen X-Fi Forte on a PCI-E x16 Slot

a warning regarding motherboards :

evga classified sr2 is HPTX

evga classified 4-way sli & ud9 are XL-ATX

Currently the following cases have 10 slots or more to fit XL-ATX & HPTX motherboards

* Lian Li PC-P80

* Lian Li PC-P80R

* HEC 98 98R9BB

* Thermaltake Xaser VI VG4000SNA

* Thermaltake Xaser VI VG4000BWS

* Thermaltake Xaser VI VG4000BNS

* Thermaltake Xaser VI VG4000BNSB

* Thermaltake ArmorPlus VH6000BWS

* Mountain Mods Acension w/ Modular Motherboard Tray 10 PCI Slot

* Xigmatek CPC-T75UB-U01

* Cooler Master HAF X

The UD9 is a waste of money unless you are an extreme bencher. Go for the UD7. hell, if you are not going to use the Waterblock on the UD7, go for the X58A-UD5. Same features. And cheaper by 5k (around 17.5-18k).

^It's not about the budget. It's just sensible buying. But since his budget does permit it, the UD9 will be a nice addition, though it will need a lot of peripherals to be able to make full use of it :p

^And you really think all those Rolls owners are sensible buyers? Oh come on! :p

PS: Did you by any chance see browse through his config? Thermaltake Level 10 and the kind of heat which is dissipated by the GPU and CPU. Christ! :p

Back