Gillette Fusion

Anish

Skilled
So my trusty old Mach 3 that I've been using for almost 4 years now is pretty worn out and I just saw the new Fusion in a store. So is the 5 blade fusion worth the 700-ish price tag?

Also any idea on the Fusion Power? Does a powered razor make a lot of difference over a regular one?

Thanks! :)

Been using the Fusion for 5ish months now, and I can tell you one thing; I MISS my Mach 3 Turbo! It was a much more smoother shave with the Mach3, not to mention the stupendous amount one has to pay for the Fusion blades.

If you do happen to come upon any relatives coming down from overseas though, I'd suggest you pick up the Schick Quattro Titanium Trimmer

No idea about how the Fusion Power is though, never tried it myself

I'm using the Fusion Power and it's pretty good. Not a huge difference, but it helps in avoiding repeats. with my old Mach3 turbo, I needed to redo some areas(like my chin, near my neck, etc..) but with the Fusion power, no such thing.

Mach3 doesn't help in shaping up the sidelocks unless ofcourse you make a trip to your barber every 3 days. My old trusty conventional razor is the best for that. I like using Mach3 but it does not give me the sense of power like my conventional razor does.

Bluffmaster said:
Mach3 doesn't help in shaping up the sidelocks unless ofcourse you make a trip to your barber every 3 days. My old trusty conventional razor is the best for that. I like using Mach3 but it does not give me the sense of power like my conventional razor does.

Oh yes you can say that again. I am started shaving with Gillete G II, and I still use it ! No suspension, no springs or whatever, gives you more control over the shave.

I have been use using Mach 3 Turbo, I was loving it .. But after changing blades it is not working well :(.. Will try fusion.. Currently I am using Gillette Sensor which is just decent..

Anyidea about pricing ?

I also use Mach3 and maybe I'll try Fusion... usual Gillette pricing/gouging strategy... rip off pricing on the blades :)

BTW there is a clear difference in the Mach3 blades I've noticed between Indian made vs. those you get from abroad... the ones from abroad being much sharper resulting in a much smoother shave and lasting longer too... so I try to get it from abroad whenever I can...

Nikhil said:
I'm using the Fusion Power and it's pretty good. Not a huge difference, but it helps in avoiding repeats. with my old Mach3 turbo, I needed to redo some areas(like my chin, near my neck, etc..) but with the Fusion power, no such thing.
Yes preceisly that is an issue I'm having as well. How long does a single AAA battery last though?

Dark Star said:
Anyidea about pricing ?
Its around Rs.750-1000 on Ebay.

Guys,

I have been using a Gillette fusion for more than a year now. I bought the same for around 20$ in 2007, I would say it is good and does its duty very well. One round of shave would provide a smooth finish at most of the area, except for a second run at few places.

Since I use rechargeable batteries I am not exactly sure on how long the battery stays. I think the battery must stay for around 2 or 2.5 months. (considering 2 shaves per week).

vishalrao said:
I also use Mach3 and maybe I'll try Fusion... usual Gillette pricing/gouging strategy... rip off pricing on the blades :)

BTW there is a clear difference in the Mach3 blades I've noticed between Indian made vs. those you get from abroad... the ones from abroad being much sharper resulting in a much smoother shave and lasting longer too... so I try to get it from abroad whenever I can...
+1... I too noticed the difference in blade quality of Indian blades & ones from abroad with my Sensor Excel... It seems Gillette is pushing inferior quality ones in India... Ones from abroad serve me more compared to ones from India which loose their sharpness after 5-6 uses...

Same case with my brother's Mach 3... The price is a grouch so I tend to buy multi packs especially when they are on offer even if I have enough to save on cash..

Anish, stick to Mach3. I started using Fusion power a year ago, 5 blades are overkill.

3 Blades cut the hair, 2 blades peel off the skin :p

Although fusion gives you a ultra-smooth clean shave in one go, it gives me a few cuts almost everytime.

As far the AAA battery life goes, ~12months have passed still working fine here.

m0h1t said:
Anish, stick to Mach3. I started using Fusion power a year ago, 5 blades are overkill.
3 Blades cut the hair, 2 blades peel off the skin :p

Although fusion gives you a ultra-smooth clean shave in one go, it gives me a few cuts almost everytime.
As far the AAA battery life goes, ~12months have passed still working fine here.
Damn are you serious?! M3 FTW it seems!

Any idea hows the powered M3?

I've been using the Fusion Power for close to a year and havent nicked myself even once.

mohit probably is really bad at shaving :p

i hate shaving......its so time consuming........tried fusion, mach3 within a span of 6 months since i tried shaving. i am looking for good trimmers-sell if its any better

^^ trimmers dont necessarily take lesser time. ive been using one for 2 years because i prefer keeping a stubble. i shave once in a few months. to insure that you dont miss a spot takes time when trimming. i personally feel that shaving takes lesser time even if you include the time taken to apply the foam.

Back