Local buyers only
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Wakes people up, scares them
PSU1 has some problems, it made some clicking noise yesterday but was fine afterwards.

No shipping whatsoever, you will collect the server from my doorstep.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-21 203412.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-21 203412.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_20230821_203050034.jpg
    IMG_20230821_203050034.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 336
I’d have loved to get my hands on this. Nice gesture op. If I were to buy one of these, where do I look? I’ve been wanting to set up a home lab for quite sometime now.

@-NaniBot-
I gave away a similar server on the forum but to my surprise the person who took the server never bothered to write back about it and in the coming weeks he got banned from the forum. :D
Choose your the recipient wisely.

I’d have loved to get my hands on this. Nice gesture op. If I were to buy one of these, where do I look? I’ve been wanting to set up a home lab for quite sometime now.
Similar configurations are listed at like 1 lac (pre-tax I think) on websites that deal in "refurbished" goods. This is way way overpriced for something this old. The fair value for these would be 60-70k (including taxes). There's this guy on youtube, "Napping Geek" who made a video on the subject about an year ago. One of the prices mentioned for an R620 with 24C and 64 gigs of RAM was 58k+tax. Not bad but still not that great considering the fact that 256GB ECC DDR3 can be bought for like 16k.

This is where it gets weird though, almost everywhere in India you can see these things listed at prices that are much higher than what you would usually find on ebay US. I have no idea why these sellers are holding onto these things. I have no idea who buys these things in bulk anymore. ([tinfoil_hat] Someone's controlling the prices [/tinfoil_hat])

I helped a gaming buddy of mine get his own server (R730XD I think) from someplace in Gurgaon. Have messaged you their details.

Last edited:
Similar configurations are listed at like 1 lac (pre-tax I think) on websites that deal in "refurbished" goods. This is way way overpriced for something this old. The fair value for these would be 60-70k (including taxes). There's this guy on youtube, "Napping Geek" who made a video on the subject about an year ago. One of the prices mentioned for an R620 with 24C and 64 gigs of RAM was 58k+tax. Not bad but still not that great considering the fact that 256GB ECC DDR3 can be bought for like 16k.

This is where it gets weird though, almost everywhere in India you can see these things listed at prices that are much higher than what you would usually find on ebay US. I have no idea why these sellers are holding onto these things. I have no idea who buys these things in bulk anymore. ([tinfoil_hat] Someone's controlling the prices [/tinfoil_hat])

I helped a gaming buddy of mine get his own server (R730XD I think) from someplace in Gurgaon. Have messaged you their details.

Yeah, I’ve never understood why it costed so much more here. It’s not like these are newer. It seems like a complete rip-off. That’s exactly why I assumed I’ve been looking in the wrong places.
I wonder if companies that upgrade frequently sell these off at lower prices or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back