GO Speed Racer GO

OMG. Just watched the film and I can't forgive myself for avoiding this epic due to some losers at IMDB. I vividly remember watching the classic show on cartoon network in power zone.

What a blast. After the Matrix trilogy and V for Vendetta, I was certain the Wachowski brothers are the real deal :hap2:.

With all that hype surrounding TDK and those fanbois who don't know a $hit about the anime, I had postponed watching this against my better judgment.

People, forget TDK, you just can't miss this one.

Breathtaking work of art this. Those who watch anime can empathize.

The Wachowskis make their films with a lot of love and it shows with every splash of colour.

Fit for IMAX. This one will surely go to my 1080p collection. I recommend this to everyone for some adrenaline pumping roller coaster fun with the family.

Now for some NFS.

I didnt like the movie, esp since more than a little dash of colour & imagination has been used... may be too much for my liking....

& as for giving TDK a miss....

My warning....

Your a FLAME BAIT NOW....

hmasalia said:
I didnt like the movie, esp since more than a little dash of colour & imagination has been used...

Its a work of art as I said, based on an anime, and true to the genre.

Very rarely do we see such a true to original adaptation, and this is just picture perfect and with oodles of style :)

hmasalia said:
may be too much for my liking....

& as for giving TDK a miss....

My warning....

Your a FLAME BAIT NOW....

Who cares, its just another stupid movie which just happens to have found a bunch of fanbois at IMDB. :no:

btw, I have watched TDK and have posted my disgust in the discussion thread. OTOH, Batman Begins was marvellous.;)

hmasalia said:
V for Vendetta, directed by James McTeigue, written by the Wachowski Brothers

I take it you have not read the original graphic novel by Alan Moore. Quite a lot of the original story was changed, but still the Wachowskis did a remarkable job. :hap5:

EDIT: oops nukeu666 nuked my proper

I did read the Original Book, by Alan Moore

But for the movie it was highly edited to effectively end the movie within the 2 Hour Frame....

I loved "V for Vendetta"

If you notice my signature is one of the dialogues from the movie.

Man thanks. Now i'll definately watch this. Because of some reviews even i didn't go to see it in theatre even though i had HIGHLY anticipated it, having downloaded all the trailers even the international ones. And we were even lucky to have it released simaltaniously with worldwide.

But now let's see if i'd regret missing it in theatres. :) (i don't regret missing 10,000BC [another of my anticipated movie] in theatre :p)

Speed Racer as a Cartoon Adaption was good, but it left with dizzy with all the triwls & twins with the camera angle.....

I found the Sound Track extreme catchy.... I still sing it couple of times a day....

The movie was good but I would give it 6/10 white Batman would get 8-9/10

sorry hmasalia. i am "sigblind". i use css to block all sigs and avatars. btw, i loved v for vendetta the graphic novel and movie too. i became obsessed with the character when i read the graphic novel, and unlike most people who watched the movie first, i had read the graphic novel several years prior to the movie and several times.

ditto with sin city.

for me, tdk = 5/10, speed racer = perfect 10/10

i thought speed racer was a decent movie. but not something out of the world amazing. 7/10

v for vedetta was totally awesome! really like the character too. :D

Damn i downloaded but didnt watch...Im watching it tomorrow..

I dont know ant the production or anything, but i can proudly say i havent missed a single ep of the cartoon series:)

I watched the movie on sunday..

MAN WHAT A MOVIE!!!

Loved every second of it..
Theres no two ways abt it, this movies rocks and it rocks big time..

And it doesnt take long to get a hold of you. Within the first 18mins, you'l be spell bound..
the opening race, speed abt to break is bro's record, but stops. His bro's imaginary car running around to show their similarities in the same race..
AWESOME,in every sense of the word..

If TDK was Epic, This movie deserves a slot 10x higher..Its that good..
Trust me im not writing this 5min after watching the movie..its a good 2days after watching..

My bad wishes to the Naysayers..die die die..:p

Back