God of War I - Freeze Issue

Altair

Skilled
Started with God of War Collection(GOW- I) at 1am played like crazy and now in a dilemma. It freezes when i reach the pandora's Island over Cronos. Tried 5 Times but its freezing everytime. Google'd it and found out that many people are having the same problem with PS3 20GB,40GB and a few Slim Models. Mine is 120gb. Problem is there whether ran from Original Disk or from HDD. Help Please!
<

Downloading a rip is not a solution if OP has the legit disc.

@OP

I heard about similar problem with 250GB slim model, but it was consistent with few other games as well.

Sony replaced the set as it was under warranty.

Google a little bit more about your problem and more specifically vis a vis the model no you got. The CECH code thingie.

That's strange. I have a 120GB model too and have completed all the God of War titles, both, Digital and Disc based ones and never encountered a single freeze in any of them. Try getting a save file past that point perhaps.

I tried guys...but no help...Gow II is working just fine and i'm about to finish it...plus this problem is there with like more than 100's of people.. I read many threads regarding this on various forums and they are also stuck at the very same point like me. They say its a problem mostly on phat version ie 20gb 40gb and some slim version.They say its hardware issue but i did not came across any other freeze problem in any other games...crysis 2,uncharted 1,ACII,ACB,..Plus download is like>15gb. Currently downloading heavy rain(30gb) and infamous(8gb) and GOW III(40gb) anyways I borrowed my friends ps3 and ended the game on it it worked fine on his ps3 slim 320gb.

plus this issue is not only on ps3..some ps2's as well...weird.
<

Why this had to happen with me...
<

and this issue is seen not only when running in a cfw through hdd but also on ofw one's playing with disc. And Some people get stuck at the very beginning.!

I remember my GOW1 ps2 disc stuttering like crazy in one point, when the 3 headed beast's pup appears and subsequently proceeds to turns into a beast. Is this the same stage ?

I just got a friend's disc and finished it off.

I tried guys...but no help...Gow II is working just fine and i'm about to finish it...plus this problem is there with like more than 100's of people.. I read many threads regarding this on various forums and they are also stuck at the very same point like me. They say its a problem mostly on phat version ie 20gb 40gb and some slim version.They say its hardware issue but i did not came across any other freeze problem in any other games...crysis 2,uncharted 1,ACII,ACB,..Plus download is like>15gb. Currently downloading heavy rain(30gb) and infamous(8gb) and GOW III(40gb) anyways I borrowed my friends ps3 and ended the game on it it worked fine on his ps3 slim 320gb.

plus this issue is not only on ps3..some ps2's as well...weird.
<

Why this had to happen with me...
<

Eh?

When you have seen for yourself that its not only you who has faced the problem, then why the rant ?

Others faced it as well. Live with it.

You finished the game, so be happy.

I remember my GOW1 ps2 disc stuttering like crazy in one point, when the 3 headed beast's pup appears and subsequently proceeds to turns into a beast. Is this the same stage ?

I just got a friend's disc and finished it off.

Eh?

When you have seen for yourself that its not only you who has faced the problem, then why the rant ?

Others faced it as well. Live with it.

You finished the game, so be happy.

First, No i was stuck just at the beginning of the Pandora's Temple.You know, when we kill those Siren's and blow the horn after that and climb to the temple over the titan Cronos for 3 days.

Second,No ranting I found it in the morning ~6-7...then around 9 i called up my friend brought his ps3 copied my save file and the game on his hdd. Worked fine..then ended the game. My apologies for not mentioning it here.

First, No i was stuck just at the beginning of the Pandora's Temple.You know, when we kill those Siren's and blow the horn after that and climb to the temple over the titan Cronos for 3 days.

Second,No ranting I found it in the morning ~6-7...then around 9 i called up my friend brought his ps3 copied my save file and the game on his hdd. Worked fine..then ended the game. My apologies for not mentioning it here.

Dude you should have mentioned! Anyways good your problem's been solved.

I've been experiencing the same thing GoW Collection, GoW II, Eurayle's Defeat. I have the 80GB system that came bundled with MGS4 a few years ago. I don't know what a "rip" is, is there somewhere you guys can direct me? I'm not very tech savvy, I just want to play my game!

Back