Graphic Cards Going for 5850, not sure abt the PSU

karann9

Disciple
I am going for a 5850, I have Athlon2 X4 620 + Gigabyte MA785G US2H + 4GB RAM

I have CM 600 PCAR. I know not the most trusted around. But it's been faithful for over 15 months now.

My doubt, will the PSU be able to pull off the 5850?

I got a 1xODD, 3xHDD (160, 250, 1000 all seagate)

PS: posts in bazaar not counted?

sato1986 said:

o tx a ton man for helping a noob.:clap:

I asked abt the market posts coz that's where I started and once I started posting in other sections I saw the post count start from one. Thts all. No intention of spamming.

And thanks for the welcome to the forum.

I think I am not putting my thoughts through clearly....I HAVE a CM 690 PCAR. I am about to get a 5850. The question, will the said PSU be able to sustain the requirements of 5850 and X4 620 combined.

@Compaddcit

Hey you have a pretty neat config. What PSU you got?

What people are trying to tell you is dont risk that GPU with that PSU.

There have been problems reported with that particular series from CM, in some instances causing other hardware to fail.

I myself have (or had) that PSU for close to 3 years. But when I changed my GPU, i changed my PSU first.

Are you planning to do any major upgrade in near future like HD 5850 SLI?Incase if you make minor upgrades(more fans HDDs etc) then get Corsair VX 550(5.8k).It will handle your configuration easily.Get Corsair TX 650 if you intend to do major upgrade.

karann9 said:
I think I am not putting my thoughts through clearly....I HAVE a CM 690 PCAR. I am about to get a 5850. The question, will the said PSU be able to sustain the requirements of 5850 and X4 620 combined.

@Compaddcit
Hey you have a pretty neat config. What PSU you got?
The COrsair VX550W

karann9 said:
Have u benched it? What's the 3dMark 06 score? I am getting a measly 13.5k:huh:

I havnt done a single Synthetic Benchmark..

Why? Dont wanna waste my time with them. My card is able to max out Crysis using a customultrahighcfg + 2xAA

Verdict - I dont need any 3D or Pc Mark to measure the performance.

Back