going for Galaxy SII (need some help)

Deb0

Disciple
I have ordered a Galaxy R in Letsbuy.com & it over 2 weeks now, they didnt delivered so i have cancelled the order & decided to go for Galaxy SII.

Should i consider any other phone in that price range ???

Galaxy Note is too big for calling it a mobile phone & does it getting a ICS update ??? & i'm keen to trying various custom Roms & stuffs as Galaxy SII has more developer support than Galaxy Note so i'm leaning on to it, correct me if i'm wrong ...

Locally im getting SII for around 30k, i really dont wanna go online now after that instance, just tell if the price is ok or not.

Thanks in advance
<

Note will be getting an ICS upgrade becoz there is a Galaxy Note 10.1 Tab coming out with ICS

Secondly both the Note and SII have good ROM support

If you don't wanna go for Note then maybe check out Motorola Droid Razer its a good phone as well priced at 32K locally

Check that out as well....

thanks yashbhatt, the phone looks cool. but as its motorola i should ask about its after sale service ...how is it, u have any idea ??? & does it have same developer support like SII OR Notes ???

@Deb

Just make sure that you get the GSII GT-I9100 and not the GT-I9100G, as the latter does not have the same level of developer love as the former. (Very few custom ROMs and Mods)

To distinguish between the two you can refer to the model nos which is printed at the very top of the sticker containing the price.

GT-I9100 - GTI9100LKAINU

GT-I9100G - GTI9100GLKAINU

And the current street price of GSII in my area is hovering between 29k-29.5k in different shops.

hey mate,

i initially had the same concerns about the note.but i am glad to say that not only does it fit my pocket,but also feels normal after a few day's use.

trust me,dont reject the note based on its size.you get used to it very very easily.note was supposed to have the ics upgrade in march.

Actually i always preferred a big screen, but i thought Galaxy note dosent have developer support like SII has. Specially cyanogenmod has support for SII & it dosent have Notes & as far as i know its the best site to get custom roms ...right ???

@ devvfata1ity yea i got to know that thing from a previous discussion of this thing here in TE, I will make sure its NOT G.

Actually i always preferred a big screen, but i thought Galaxy note dosent have developer support like SII has. Specially cyanogenmod has support for SII & it dosent have Notes & as far as i know its the best site to get custom roms ...right ???

@ devvfata1ity yea i got to know that thing from a previous discussion of this thing here in TE, I will make sure its NOT G.

So you didn't get your R buddy !
<

So you didn't get your R buddy !
<

Nope
<
calling them again & again they keep saying they will deliver it but they not even send it to any courier co. Either they dont have the stock or something else

so u guys saying Note is better than S2 ... i think i will try to feel it in my hands first ...whats the price of it ?? will i get it on 30k ???

if you can hold your money, i will ask you to wait, many quad-core phones has been announced during MWC, and will soon hit the shores, so why to go for dual-core when quad-core will be available
<

@ being.smart

yea holding is a option, actually i wanted buy a mobile before the new year. First i opted for LG O2X but i couldnt find it anywhere then after 1 month i switched to Galaxy R, cursing my luck it was getting obeselte from market too, but luckily i got 1 in letsbuy.com, ordered it, waited for 2 weeks. Now i cancelled the order & want to get something in my hand, so waiting is not more a option
<

if i get note for 30k locally, i think i will go for it ...as i dont have more options other than S2.

only I wish Note will get the same dev support as S2 has ...

yea i will take that consideration first, if im uncomfortable with it, then i will go for S2.

any other phone i should consider, other than this 2 ???

anything from sony ericssion ??

finally bought Galaxy Note & im super happy
<

THANKS guys for all the help
<

Specially cyanogenmod has support for SII & it dosent have Notes & as far as i know its the best site to get custom roms ...right ???

Why bother yourself with custom ROMs?

You do not need CM7 or CM9 for powerful devices like sgs2 or Note(The whole cyanogenmod thing is way too over rated)

Just root it,freeze the bloats...you are good to go.

A good custom kernel is welcome,but CM9.....nah...just replace the TW launcher if you hate it.

TW based ROMs are far more optimized and battery friendly than CM9.

Love for Miui is understandable,but CM9,a big NO.

Oh!!Already bought Note,congrats...brilliant purchase.

Just don`t get carried away with both the CM9 or ICS.They are nothing special atm.

Back