Graphic Cards Going for R9 280x, confused about the variants

chrome9812

Disciple
Hello,

I want to go for the MSI R9 280x (Twin Frozr model which comes with BF4) but I have my doubts about MSI. I have used an MSI product before and I must say they had a very good service (from Digicare). IIRC MSI has changed it's customer care model and I have no idea if it's any good now.

Asus R9 280x was my first choice and I am still inclined towards it however I have a NZXT Gamma cabinet which is designed for upto higher 10 inch cards but may not be enough for the length of this card (Asus' card is 11.2 inches) :( I don't want to take chances nor do I want to invest in a new cabinet.

XFX - Serviced by Rashi so a big no for me. I'd prefer my card to be flown to Taiwan for a month any day than give it to Rashi and be told that my warranty is void because there is some rust on my graphic card screws.

Powercolor - No much idea about this brand

Sapphire - Dual-X pieces are too weak! I've seen the benchmarks and they're way weaker than the AMD reference cards, otherwise I considered them strongly before that.
Toxic seems to be an absolute beast but unfortunately it wouldn't fit in my cabinet either just like the Vapor -X Tri X variant.

In summary, all good variants are too lengthy for my cabinet and those which fit comfortably have severe drawbacks with the exception of MSI Twin Frozr but I am wondering if it's reasonable to buy it considering MSI's new service model. It is priced at 25.9k at primeABGB (cheapest I could find) and comes with BF4 (the one factor which made me extend my budget from 22k-23k ish although I've never played any version of Battlefield before) And also I want to know if it is really true that now your card gets flown to Taiwan for MSI service?

Back