Good Android phone under 20-22k INR

channabasanna

Disciple
This will help others to make accurate recommendations and you can get a prompt reply.

Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: 20-22k (Cannot go beyond this)

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Nothing specific, looking for a Android phone.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash. Since i cannot carry the camera always, not into video calling, So secondary camera is not necessary.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android (preferred Ice Cream Sandwich)

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Internet, Games, Camera, Mails, Learning and development of Android applications..

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: good amount of RAM (had my LG Optimus One and was happy with its 512MB RAM for its features), not looking for dual sim.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Motorola Atrix 2 (Know it is having Gingerbread, heard it is getting the ICS update)

I had the Optimus One and lost it 2 months ago (http://www.techencla...as-been-stolen/), after which i am in search of a Good Android phone.

I need it mainly for 3G (Internet, Mails, Video streaming), Games, Camera, sometimes Videos and often as device for learning Android. Currently i have my N73 Music Edition which has lost its camera feature and doing the duty of regular phone which i wont be changing.

Last sunday had been to Channel9 here in bangalore along with my friend who was in search of a new phone. During this time, i was seeing the dummy model of HTC One V which i had considered since it is having ICS pre installed. But things which laid me back is its RAM (512MB only), its battery is in built, so i am worried if any issues happen with the battery and battery needs to be replaced what will be the issue. While checking the phones, the sales guy gave me the demo of Motorola Atrix 2. Instantly i could feel the build quality of the phone, also started liking the phone for its features: 1GHz Dual core processor, 1GB RAM, 8MP Camera and another thing is the 10 EA games free with the mobile. He told me its price to be 23k, is it worth buying it.

Guys, suggest me any other good android phones in this budget which are worth in this budget. Have seen S2 and not ready to invest 5k more, and will be buying the phone by next month
<

Thanks guys for the suggestions, how is the Sola compared to Atrix2.

What about the HTC One V (but also it is 1GHz proccy, not a dual core, in built battery).

Any users of Atrix2, Sensation and One V please do post your user reviews and feedback.

Wait a bit.

The Galaxy S2 should come down to 23k or so after the launch of the S3 next month.right now it is 26k for the non G model in eBay

http://www.ebay.in/itm/SAMSUNG-GALA...71863?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item3cc5fc1d37

If you can't wait the Motorola Atrix 2 is bang on the budget you mentioned.

And I guess it is the best phone at that price right now but that might change once S2 is pushed out at the 26-27k range by the One S.

@Marcus Fenix, thanks for the info buddy. Sure will do wait, since i am planning to get the month next month. Will think of S2, also seeing S2 in everyone's hands at office makes me go away from that. Will check out once S3 is released in India. If prices are not down by much will get the Atrix2.

Guys, need more info before buying.
How is the service facility of Motorola in India, specially in Bangalore?
When is the Atrix2 getting the ICS update, is it already there?
One of my friend works in Motorola, he told Atrix2 has lots of issues in the UI, how true is this?

Guys, need more info before buying.
How is the service facility of Motorola in India, specially in Bangalore?
When is the Atrix2 getting the ICS update, is it already there?
One of my friend works in Motorola, he told Atrix2 has lots of issues in the UI, how true is this?

Had bought Atrix 2 through flipkart.. Service is done by Redington but have not used it yet (touchwood)
A2 is scheduled to get ICS in Q3.. Moto has started to roll out ICS from Razr & Razr Maxx.. so expect ICS for A2 in couple of months
I'm yet to see any UI issues as such with A2.. Do you know of anything specific?

Had bought Atrix 2 through flipkart.. Service is done by Redington but have not used it yet (touchwood)
A2 is scheduled to get ICS in Q3.. Moto has started to roll out ICS from Razr & Razr Maxx.. so expect ICS for A2 in couple of months
I'm yet to see any UI issues as such with A2.. Do you know of anything specific?

Thanks buddy, can you also share some of your use experiences with the phone, like how long you are using it from. Any pros and cons. mean while i will catch hold of my friend and get the information about the UI issues in the A2.

Thanks for the suggestion guys :) Just was seeing in flipkart for Atrix2, Xperia P and Galaxy S Advanced. Here is the features comparison Sony Xperia P Mobile Phone vs Motorola Atrix 2 Mobile Phone vs Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 Mobile Phone: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com, looking at all these and the Atrix 2 is cheaper than the other 2, while features are almost same.
So i would only like to know about the quality of After Sales Service from Motorola. Which is what i am worried about since i have not seen much of their Service centres (have seen Nokia and Samsung). Till now i never faced any problems in my N73 for the past 5 years :) and never went to Service Centre. So i wish the newer phones also be of that quality.

Appalling service

Thanks for the suggestion guys :) Just was seeing in flipkart for Atrix2, Xperia P and Galaxy S Advanced. Here is the features comparison Sony Xperia P Mobile Phone vs Motorola Atrix 2 Mobile Phone vs Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 Mobile Phone: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com, looking at all these and the Atrix 2 is cheaper than the other 2, while features are almost same.
So i would only like to know about the quality of After Sales Service from Motorola. Which is what i am worried about since i have not seen much of their Service centres (have seen Nokia and Samsung). Till now i never faced any problems in my N73 for the past 5 years :) and never went to Service Centre. So i wish the newer phones also be of that quality.

The Motorola service is absolutely a appalling here in India.
The brilliant phone that this is, just pray to the good lord that you may never need to submit your phone to their service centre.
Once you do, you may as well just forget your phone for 2-3 weeks atleast. They send the piece to chennai for any problem. And the process is excrutiatingly slow. The Delhi call centre again is a useless place to call in for your queries. The minimum time to 'process the query' is 48 hours working hours. But dont be mislead by this number, its not 2 days, but 6 days, since a working hour only has 9 hours. And after all this time has elapsed they wont necessarily have the right info for you. All this for only asking basic questions like, what is the status of phone repair. You will feel utterly helpless at this point. They will provide you with misleading information, or if not that they will ask you to call back after 1,2 or 3 weeks which seems to be their favorite answer.
Go for a samsung if service is important to you. No one at Motorola is bothered about your phone once they have sold it to you.

i bought a samsung galaxy nexus ... and i must its d best fone ever i had use ....iphone 4s never be like this phone... d only device which runs with official jelly bean android ... i am using it from past two months .. and its like d best phone in 25k... u shud go with it ...

Back