Good book for assembly !

Scorpy

Adept
Well in my current sem I have subject of microprocessor and microcontrollers ... for 8086 mp and 8051 mc .... so any good books for them ? I dont only want to study for the heck of the exam.. but I want to gain full knowledge in this since Ive heard it helps later and it really powerful ...

hi,
well if u really want to learn Computer Architecture & Assembly language in-depth and prefer video lectures over books then lectures by NPTEL & VU may help u out,
following are the links:
Computer Architecture Lectures by NPTEL: NPTel Video Course
Computer Architecture and Assembly Language Lectures by VU: YouTube - CS401_Lecture01
just for the records, NPTEL is an initiative by IITs & IISc to provide video lectures for various courses free of cost and VU is an NPTEL imitation by Pakistan and its lectures are in urdu which seem like hindi, very intuitive and explanatory lectures on Computer Architecture & Assembly, i highly recommend them

Hope this may help u out :)

douglas hall my teachers use ... but they always use these tata mcgrawhill or complete reference books ... I mean those books are like dominating the market :p ... are they really that good ? Thats why I asked for others . But for now Im using assembly language step by step programmign in dos and linux

For 8086, best one is D.V. Hall (Douglas hall). If you want some easy language book on 8085/8086, then there is a book by Indian author Vaneet Singh.Its Microprocessor & Interfacing by Vaneet Singh and Gurmeet Singh.This book is written according to IP University.

Flipkart.com: Microprocessor & Interfacing: Vaneet Singh, Gurmeet Singh (9788176844154)

And for 8051, every one has already referred Mohd. Ali Mazidi. Best book for 8051. Along with this, also check out Embedded System by Rajkamal(TMH) for getting basic/in-depth knowledge about Microprocessor & micro controller.

Back