Good Broadband in Silkboard,Bangalore?

rohan30186

Adept
Jul 24, 2008
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me a good broadband available at silkboard(Roopen Agrahara), Bangalore?
Would prefer very low downtime and speed upto 1mbps under 1k...

Supra

Skilled
Feb 10, 2005
LOL unfortunately Roopen Agrahara wont have Airtel/Reliance/TATA ADSL. You have to take BSNL or WiMax connections.

Best is to go for BSNL 512 kbps connection at 750 per month.

Go to Bomanahalli Customer Service Centre of BSNL and apply for a new landline + ADSL Broadband. There is some promotion wherein I guess installation chanrges and all are free.

Praks

Skilled
Sep 26, 2007
I would say go with Tata Photon kind of stuff. They are better then BSNL.

You wil get fed up tracking BSNL guys at exchange even simple problem.

Supra

Skilled
Feb 10, 2005
^^ LOL Tata Photon with limit of 7-8GB at 1000 bucks ! Moreover in crowded areas near BTM and arnd ppl struggle to get even 512 kbps in Photon+ !

As of BSNL once you get it installed properly and take an UL plan there is nothing much to worry. I am using BSNL for the last 4 years in Bangalore and never had huge issues. Calling 1500 works most of the time.

rohan30186

Adept
Jul 24, 2008
We have TATA-Reliance and Tikona in our area....

My roomies used Tata for 4months...they said it sucks...plus its very costly arnd 1100+ for 384kbps( I have used beam 2mbps for 999 in hyderabad :( )
Now we are using Tikona...it sucks even more...more 50% time downtime...average speed is arnd 0.11mbps(most of the time) for 512kbps connection.

I'm not sure whether reliance is any better.
How can we apply for bsnl??
We have rented the house and the landlord stays abroad.
So is it possible to book one and how about BSNL EVDO?
Could it be shared among 3 persons?
We would be happy if we get 600+ kbps for 650-750/month unlimited.

Please quick suggestion required. Need to apply for new one before start of next month.

TheMask

Skilled
Jan 3, 2005
BSNL LL would be your best best, in my opinion. I stay in HSR very close to Silk board had tested Photon+ and I used to get 350-500Kbps speeds most of the time. sometimes it would shoot up to 1Mbps and very rarely 1.5Mbps. I'm on BSNL LL Home UL Plus plan. When i got the connection in March-April it was 256Kbps unltd plan, got a free upgrade to 512Kbps without paying anything extra.

Like Supra said, Photon+ might work out expensive if you exceed bandwidth limits. If you are keen on unltd, LL based unltd options might suit your needs better.

rohan30186

Adept
Jul 24, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion...but how is it possible to get landline with actual owner not being here?
If thats possible how long does it take for bsnl landline to get intalled with broadband?
And what about Evdo cards?
Is it possible to get one without local address proof?

rahulhbk

Disciple
May 19, 2006
Hi everyone,
Neone has ne idea about broadband providers at NGV Kormangla? We do have Airtel but the 20gb FUP is ridiculous. :( Any reviews for Hathway in the area?
@Rohan - Sorry for putting my own query in.. i figured i shouldnt ask a similar question again in a seperate thread :)

WingZero

Skilled
Jun 24, 2007
USA
Even m looking for a BB. Railwire keeps on giving excuses '2 more months' to come to BTM 2nd stage. N.S.Palya area. Is the FUP applicable on BSNL UL750 plan?....Site doesn't mention on this plan.

Will go for it then.

sg3707

Adept
Nov 19, 2009
I used to stay at BTM and Airtel was avaialable. Check if airtel is available at your place. Please note that BSNL BB is pathetic at best.

Things will be fine with BSNL until there are no issues. if there are any issues then no one will be there to help. My phone connection got disconnected recently and it took 1 week to restore that too after frequently going to their office and shouting.