Good Cabinet on the Cheap

Mechanic

Skilled
hi guys
i am assembling a pc (have already ordered all parts)
but having trouble choosing the cabinet

i would like to choose between Zebronics Bijli and CoolerMaster Elite 310

please dont suggest anything above this price range , as i am a little cash strapped(max 1.6k budget)

The config is as follows(already ordered)
Athlon II X4 635
Biostar TA 785 G3
Powercolor HD 4670 512MB(will upgrade to HD5770 or anything comparable next year):ashamed:
Corsair CX400
Corsair value select 1x2gb 1333MHz Ram(more 2gb next year)
LG DVDRW
Seagate 500gb

i am looking for a durable and airy cabinet
i.e. the best possible in 1.6k

funkysourav said:
hi guys

i would like to choose between Zebronics Bijli and CoolerMaster Elite 310

please dont suggest anything above this price range , as i am a little cash strapped(max 1.6k budget)
CM 310 FTW , but if its you can get in 500 rupees more , NZXT Gamma @ Rs 2100 wouldnt hurt , just a thought

the nzxt gamma isn't available in my locality

and it costs about 2.6k in kolkata

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

is cable management necessary?

if yes how to do it?

what do i need for cable management?

how much would a fan for inlet cost?

funkysourav said:
the nzxt gamma isn't available in my locality

and it costs about 2.6k in kolkata

is cable management necessary?

if yes how to do it?

what do i need for cable management?

how much would a fan for inlet cost?
You don't need special skills for cable management all you need to do is realize how to place your wires so as to improve airflow and make the inside of your cabinet look neat tidy it also helps keep the temperature of your components low, NZXT Gamma is slightly expensive and like the Cooler Master Elite 310 doesn't come with an SMPS but it has everything you need for cable management in the sense of cut out in the panels, wire routing areas etc. investing in such quality gear is recommended as such components last longer look neat and keep cool

Hope this helped :)

Google Image Result for http://www.dciginc.com/wrong4.jpg

Cable Tidying Guide | bit-tech.net

The NZXT Gamma is something which you will not regret , when compared with the cm310 I think gamma wins it hands down , better ventilation , lesser dust , more w/m management , bottom mounted psu ( i d k wether it makes much of a difference ) afaik , the 1k more which you'd spend is worth it iirc , b/w bijli and cm310 ...cm310 is the wtg .. I'd still say buy the NZXT :cool2:

^How does better ventilation translate to lesser dust? The more fans you have inside your enclosure, more the dust it sucks in. And it does make a difference when you have a power supply bottom mounted - for one, the cable management is a lot easier even if the cables are non-modular and two, had the power supply been mounted on the top, the fan of the PSU would suck all the heat within it and exhaust it from the back thus the components inside the power supply would be a lot warmer.

gamma is hands down better than cm elite 3xx but surely that does not mean anything when comes to dust as gannu mentions.

the dust filers are present at rear for PSU air intake, Front bezel at HDD bay Intake and over all 5.25" Drive bays.

the Filter at the HDD bay intake is nearly useless.

the filter lies on the slant bezel and there is gap between the bezel actual fan mounted on the chassis..the gap is exposed on sides to open air and air clutter inside very well.

you will be amazed if i post my cabby pics. the filter mean nothing when your machine operates under dusty conditions, if you try to put better and denser filter then that totally hampers the fan performance and only creates negative pressure around the edges of the filters..sucking and accumulating dust at the edges..

@OP

as gamma is not a possible option, have a look at CM Elite 430 available at 2700 shipped via SMC

if not then settle for a crappy 500-600 rupee cabinet for the time being and jump to affordable ones when you can.

guys

since i will be upgrading my pc the next year to an hd5770

is the cx400 i have chosen a safer choice than fsp 500 at same price?

i will add hd 5770, another ram stick and maybe another hdd(optional)

i am going for the cm elite 310 due to budget constraints

is its build quality better than the cabbies available in the same price range?

guys i want a final verdict on the psu!!!!

Corsair cx400 or fsp saga 500 (both same price)

i will upgrade to hd5770 in future

thanks Madnav Alpha17 for clearing me up on Cable management!!

funkysourav said:
guys

since i will be upgrading my pc the next year to an hd5770

is the cx400 i have chosen a safer choice than fsp 500 at same price?

i will add hd 5770, another ram stick and maybe another hdd(optional)

i am going for the cm elite 310 due to budget constraints

is its build quality better than the cabbies available in the same price range?

guys i want a final verdict on the psu!!!!

Corsair cx400 or fsp saga 500 (both same price)

i will upgrade to hd5770 in future

thanks Madnav Alpha17 for clearing me up on Cable management!!
No take the FSP Saga 500 W in place of CX 400, or inquire about the availability of the FSP Blue Storm series they are cheaper than Corsair and Cooler Master and come with the requisite 80 + efficiency a 500 W costs 3K including tax

Back