PC Peripherals Good CPU Cooler for Amd

faizan123

Disciple
Hello All,
I recently bought Amd phenom II X6 1075t, but the Processor fan is making lot of noise.
If i switch on AC , after sometime the fan sound is getting lower. So i want to go with 3rd party heatsink.
Any suggestions for a decent priced one. Please also provide the links so that i can buy one.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing good was i found is the noise level Although the diameter of fan is too small.

The thing is even the stock AMD cooler is of a similar design, decent heatsink with a sub-par fan slapped on to it, they both are 80mm / 92mm. It will make roughly the same amount of noise as the stock cooler you have.

If your brother is enroute from the US, try to get this cooler, it beats the pants of both the Cooler Master models I suggested you -- Thermalright Cogage TRUE Spirit 120.

Actually the same is available from Prime ABGB and The IT Wares but they have not got the compatible AM3 socket bracket for it [it can only fit a LGA 1366 based processor], so pretty much useless for you Faizan.

Reviews for the same --> HARDOCP - Introduction - Thermalright TRUE Spirit CPU Air Cooler Review / Thermalright True Spirit CPU Cooler Review - Thermalright True Spirit HSF - Legit Reviews. Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Hey Thanks alot @ALPHA17
For now i was looking for something with less noise , also let me tell you , I am using a very old Cabinet , The cabinet has no fans at all. So i was thinking of going for after market coolers , not for over clocking but to avoid the noise and also as there are no fans in my cabinet.
Ok i looked at thermalright on Amazon. Its somewhere around 40$ + , Although it might be good but getting little costlier. The CM 212 EVO is little bit lesser for 26$ , I dont think i'll be overclocking as of now , for one simple reason, I havent tried that before.
For now I am only using my PC to play Games . So for now i dont think i'll overclock. For may be if i have a good cpu cooler i might over clock in future. Also what is ur opinion regarding SVG Tech HOC 20

For now I am only using my PC to play Games . So for now i dont think i'll overclock. For may be if i have a good cpu cooler i might over clock in future. Also what is ur opinion regarding SVG Tech HOC 20

The HOC 20 is a good piece of kit Faizan, in the league of the Corsair H60 closed loop water cooling kits. If you can upload a few pictures of your cabinet, it would be great and I can better suggest what you can do to curb temperatures.

And you do not need to put my name in CAPS if you want to tag me, @faizan123. Cheerio!!

Sure @ALPHA17 , I will upload few pics of my cabby as soon as i go back home :) that would help you suggest something more appropriate for my cabby.

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO with the second fan attached is the cheap and best option

Ok what do you mean by second fan attached?
Btw my cabinet is very old. The hieght calculated from my processor to side panel of my cabinet its almost 6inches. Around 150-160mm . So it could be difficult to fit hyper 212 , i think i can go with cooler master tx3 , but then im also looking for options to go for new cabby. But thats another investment.

Ok what do you mean by second fan attached?
Btw my cabinet is very old. The hieght calculated from my processor to side panel of my cabinet its almost 6inches. Around 150-160mm . So it could be difficult to fit hyper 212 , i think i can go with cooler master tx3 , but then im also looking for options to go for new cabby. But thats nanother investment.

I think by second fan he means using CM Hyper 212+ with Push/Pull configuration.
Push/Pull Configuration means attaching fans on both sides of heatsink with opposite direction, one fan pushing inside from one side and another fan pulling air outside.
Senior members will be able to explain it better way :angel:.

Attaching pic for reference.
RgSG8.jpg

@umesh_boggy

i meant the same thing as explained by you.......your explanation is fair enough to understand and there is no need for any other explanations........

Back