Good download manager for windows

Thanks for the options, folks. I tried out FDM and Flashget. FDM somehow dows not work for me and gets stuck..Flashget is working fine but looks like most probably I won't go that route as I just found an awesome downloader for my router. I used to do all my torrents downloading on router but now this one does great for http (including all free/paid hosters, steaming videos and lot of customization, scripting etc possible). You can find it at pyLoad Download Manager - pyLoad (I am trying to integrate it with chrome's DM-bridge extension now which is like flashgot for firefox)

Although IDM is undoubtedly the best when it comes to a Good mainstream download manager, sometimes I don't know why it corrupts my 'RAR' files and so I use FDM to download anything i.e, 'RAR'ed

And FDM is updated to 3.5 Build 930 RC some two weeks ago, the link to it is in the official sites forum under 'General Forum' hope you guys are using the latest version

ahd said:
Although IDM is undoubtedly the best when it comes to a Good mainstream download manager, sometimes I don't know why it corrupts my 'RAR' files and so I use FDM to download anything i.e, 'RAR'ed

And FDM is updated to 3.5 Build 930 RC some two weeks ago, the link to it is in the official sites forum under 'General Forum' hope you guys are using the latest version
I guess you are right about RAR files being corrupted by IDM. Yesterday i had downloaded a movie which was split in 3 RAR files which when i joined have me CRC error.

listen dude, Nearly all ppl will vote for IDM, nothing can be compared to it. But next to IDM is the jdownloader. I tried orbit,FDM,flashget,DAP. Flashget used to be the best some years back.

IDm and JDownloader are what i use

Both are good though i usually prefer Torrents than the direct Downloads.

For direct dls i use IDm

FOR MU and other ac i use JDownloader

started using Jdownloader & must say it's way better than any other download manager I ever used for direct as well as for downloads requiring a password

well i'm using jdownloader but i have a question. whenever i'm using dl a movie from hotfile or fileserve capcha is coming up and i have to enter. Not facing this probl with rs.

Do you guys are facing this issue? pl help...

Back